200 Peg Mod

superhondaman

Nice job. Be interested to see what you think of the new riding position. I have been trying different positions for my Majesty footrests and have finally settled on virtually the original placing forwards/rearwards but lowered by about 1 and a half to two inches (I hope anyway as I'm fed up of grinding them off and welding them back on). I had them about 2" rearwards at one point but found it upset the steering so gradually came forwards with them until it felt ok again. With them lowered though it is definitely more comfortable for me as I am about 6' 3" so as you have found, with them lowered you stand in it more rather than on it. Be interested to see if it has any affect on the way yours steers though.

Nice job, is that from a block of stainless steel ?

Its not stainless but a very high grade of aircraft quality steel, the friend who made them does a lot of machining for the aero space industry. I think he is in the process of redesigning the Scorpa water pump to make it less vunerable.

Nice job. Be interested to see what you think of the new riding position. I have been trying different positions for my Majesty footrests and have finally settled on virtually the original placing forwards/rearwards but lowered by about 1 and a half to two inches (I hope anyway as I'm fed up of grinding them off and welding them back on). I had them about 2" rearwards at one point but found it upset the steering so gradually came forwards with them until it felt ok again. With them lowered though it is definitely more comfortable for me as I am about 6' 3" so as you have found, with them lowered you stand in it more rather than on it.  Be interested to see if it has any affect on the way yours steers though.

I wanted to alter the position of the pegs without resorting to cuting and welding. My 200 is totally original and i wanted to be able to revert to that in the future.

All depends how tall you are though, Fantic pegs are still too high for me as are most twinshocks and early monos.

i think you are dead right, most of the guys i see doing well on 200/240's have moved their footrests. And it all comes down to personal prefrence at te end of the day. If it does not feel right then i can put it all back to original.

Another picture of bracket

post-6-1109721267.jpg

Edited by superhondaman

200's also benefit a great deal from having a hydrualic clutch fitted, and this is something that really does work extremely well, and can be removed if you want to change bikes.

Finally the major thing that will make the difference between having a Fantic that is perhaps the most competitive t/shock bike available, and something pretty average, is how the motor runs, and the fine tuning of suspension etc.

Would you advise against lengthening the clutch arm? as this would be considerably cheaper than a hydraulic clutch? or not??

I have ridden a couple of 200's with reed valves fitted ( keith Horsham) these are nice, have you tried one? gives a very smooth engine on pick up.