Newbie Question about Club Trials

caravan_monster

Just been filling out the entry to do my first trial. I'm a Earls Shilton member and they hold one trial per month. Do people generally join more than one club, so that they can compete more regular and ride on different types of terrain ? Or once you have an ACU licence, is it possible to go and ride at events run by other clubs on a one- off basis ? Getting ahead of myself, but interested to know.

If a trial is run on a closed or club permit you will have to join the organising club but if its run on a open permit you only have to be a member of a ACU club. It won't matter if the clubs in another centre any ACU club member should be able to enter any open trial in England.

Think thats correct!

My Son is a member of all the local clubs and competes in all the local trials. The only time it makes a difference is at Centre Trials where you are asked which club you want to "ride" for. It means he rides every weekend give or take.