Another newby from Colchester

mick99

HI how strange another new member from colchester area. I have been riding bikes a long time and have had a couple of goes at trials in the past. I have a Bultaco 325 1976 recently restored, a 315 Montesa 2000, a BMW R1200S, (I love this machine), and a KTM EXC400 that I use for green laneing, I was a member of Castle Colchester, but now plan to join Braintree club as its more trials oriantated.

I am a civil engineering consultant, this is a pain as it uses up to much time that could be better spent riding.

HI how strange another new member from colchester area. I have been riding bikes a long time and have had a couple of goes at trials in the past. I have a Bultaco 325 1976 recently restored, a 315 Montesa 2000, a BMW R1200S, (I love this machine), and a KTM EXC400 that I use for green laneing, I was a member of Castle Colchester, but now plan to join Braintree club as its more trials oriantated.

I am a civil engineering consultant, this is a pain as it uses up to much time that could be better spent riding.

Hi Mick,

Are there many places for green laning around Colchester?

I also own a road bike so will be keeping my hand in there too!

Pete

Hi Mick, Pete,

I'm a reasonably experienced trials bod, but have also recently moved to the Colchester area! Well, sudbury to be more exact.

I have walked the dogs past more areas that meet the 'I'd love to bring the Beta here' box in a few weeks than in 20 years living near Cambridge. I'm going to join the Braintree club and plan to ride various Eastern trials, as well as all the Cambridge Matchless trials (I can't leave the warm bossom of my 'family'...). Hopefully I'll run into you gents very soon.

Let me know if you find any permissive practice land.

Graham

Hi Mick,

sorry you think that the Castle Club is not trials orientated, wheras it is our most popular discipline. We run at least 4 excellent trials in the centre 2 being championship rounds, 1 being the largest and only road going national in the centre.

We would welcome you as a new member and look forward to helping you get that Sherpa dirty. We have a strong contingent of twinshock riders amongst us.

If you would like any more details or a chat, please give me a mail.

Gary

Castle Chairman and dogs body! :bouncy:

oh and a KTM supermoto rider / Yamaha Bulldog owner too!

Edited by Castlegary

Good to see that Colchester Castle is still going strong. I was a member from 1970 til I joined the RN in 1973. Happy times indeed.