isle of mull 2day 2011?

twinkletoes

as the title suggests, looking for info on the mull 2 day trial if there is one this year. thought lmcc organised it but cant see anything about it on their site.

i have done most of the scottish 2 day trials bar this one and thinking about a trip up with a few lads who are relative beginners/ not vastly experienced so from what i hear ths should be about bang on with it being a one route clubman do.

any info appreicated

cheers

There is no Mull 2 day this year, but the LMCC are organising the Bob MacGregor 2 Day on June 4/5 and the Clubman 2 Day at Fintry on 3/4 September.

Big John

Do many peeps enter on twin shocks ?

Told its not suitable for pre-65.

Edited by B40RT

clubman trial at fintry will be spot on only one route and it wont be hard.very good venue and a big lap both days.camping at the venue aswell.its in central scotland and between edinburgh and glasgow.all very welcome.

Do many peeps enter on twin shocks ?

Told its not suitable for pre-65.

The Bob MacGregor isn't a very good Pre65 or Twinshock trial IMHO, it is much more suitable for modern bikes in reality. I don't know about Fintry Clubman 2 Day.

Ride the Inverness & District Highland Classic 2 day if it's Pre65 or twinshock you want, this event isn't laid out for modern bikes!

Big John

cheers for reply guys.as i sort of thought, not on this year.

done the Bob Macgregor a few times, in fact every time its been run bar one yr I think. Apparently this year though I am expected to be at my daughters christening that weekend! just like last year when I had to miss the IOM for her being born!

Re, the Bob Macgregor I can confirm it is fantastically run and a cracking weekend all round. I would say however (in my opinion) that it is not a twinshock or pre 65 trial really unless you are very fit and very good on it! Decent lap each day with some moderate to biggish stuff dependant upon course. If you are reading this thinking of going, just go!

Anyway might nip up to fintry being that we are just over the border.

ta

Please do not mis-interpret my comments earlier, the Bob MacGregor is a very good modern bike event for clubmen to ride and experienced riders too as there are multi-routes.

I just don't think it is a very good Pre65 or twin-shock event because the emphasis is on the modern bike's capabilities.

Big John

Excuse my obvious ignorance, but can someone explain what is it about pre65/twin shocks that said trial wouldn't suit or vice versa as it were :huh:

Is it the section lay out ? The land it's on ?

Excuse my obvious ignorance, but can someone explain what is it about pre65/twin shocks that said trial wouldn't suit or vice versa as it were :huh:

Is it the section lay out ? The land it's on ?

Good question, I have ridden a twin shock over a good part of this area, so it isn't that.

Got to be a lack of enthusiasm to adapt the sections, pity.

Good question, I have ridden a twin shock over a good part of this area, so it isn't that.

Got to be a lack of enthusiasm to adapt the sections, pity.

But as it's well oversubscribed as it is then why bother? Vide a certain event at Kinlochleven.

The pity was chopping the third lap from the first day.