Grip !

cabby

Seems the other bikes were on a Mich! Not sure what type sections you're running, but I think in a rockey burn section the Mich r Dunlop may prevail for grip on the rocks, even if the mudboys like the IRC.

:agreed:

Am running a michie x light on the rear and the grip is unreal

Edited by ShercoJay

Every one above is wrong. Check the condition of your shock. The factories save a lot of money and put on rather average rear shocks on many bikes. Some are ok, others are s***e. Spend some time on the shock and it will transform the traction. Try more rebound damping. Generally a well valved & slower rebound rear shock will get better traction than a soft fast shock.

Check you shock, shock, shock, shock!!!!!!!!

..................... well, ok there is something in the above. But not as much as in the rear shock.

Edited by NZRalphy

Every one above is wrong. Check the condition of your shock. The factories save a lot of money and put on rather average rear shocks on many bikes. Some are ok, others are s***e. Spend some time on the shock and it will transform the traction. Try more rebound damping. Generally a well valved & slower rebound rear shock will get better traction than a soft fast shock.

Check you shock, shock, shock, shock!!!!!!!!

..................... well, ok there is something in the above. But not as much as in the rear shock.

Its impossible to pinpoint what it is exactly unless you can isolate one factor and one factor alone. many people jump on 125/200's and say they grip really well missing the obvious that these bikes dont have the power to loose it as easily in the first place? Certainly if i was loosing grip or felt a bike wasn't gripping like i thought it should a shock would be 3rd or 4th on my list to look at, certainly relatively new ones with clubman bikes.

Have to say I was actually waiting on someone mention suspension, not saying it is or it's not, but even I can tell the rear shock on my sherco ain't the best. Anyway, I have taken all things in to consideration, and have turned my rear round, stiffened the preload, adjusted the rebound and also greased up the linkage while I was at it, and shall report back once I get a chance to get out again, probably Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say I was actually waiting on someone mention suspension, not saying it is or it's not, but even I can tell the rear shock on my sherco ain't the best. Anyway, I have taken all things in to consideration, and have turned my rear round, stiffened the preload, adjusted the rebound and also greased up the linkage while I was at it, and shall report back once I get a chance to get out again, probably Saturday.

Well? :rolleyes: