Need help finding parts - Cota 349

wootie

Greetings!

A while ago we picked up a really pretty decent Cota 349 - cleaned up the point and carb and it runs like a champ. I think it's an '83 or '84. Overall not much really wrong with it, but...

...where can I find parts for this bike? Right now what I need most is fork seals, rear shocks (both blown and fairly useless) and the nipples needed to put in the gas tank to have the fuel-level sight tube.

It has a fiberglass tank/seat on it...but it was dropped at one point and the glass weeps. I have the stock tank, which apparently made it halfway through a restoration...the paint is nicely sanded off and ready for some new paint, but the 2 holes in the tank that should be occupied by nipples/nozzles/whatever you call them to enable the fuel level sight tube are gone. So I basically have a holy tank.

It needs some other bits too...like fenders and brake pads...but I'd get a good start on it with fork seals, shocks, and the gas tank fittings. Any ideas for me?

A while ago we picked up a really pretty decent Cota 349 - cleaned up the point and carb and it runs like a champ. I think it's an '83 or '84. Overall not much really wrong with it, but...

...where can I find parts for this bike? Right now what I need most is fork seals, rear shocks (both blown and fairly useless) and the nipples needed to put in the gas tank to have the fuel-level sight tube.

It has a fiberglass tank/seat on it...but it was dropped at one point and the glass weeps. I have the stock tank, which apparently made it halfway through a restoration...the paint is nicely sanded off and ready for some new paint, but the 2 holes in the tank that should be occupied by nipples/nozzles/whatever you call them to enable the fuel level sight tube are gone. So I basically have a holy tank.

It needs some other bits too...like fenders and brake pads...but I'd get a good start on it with fork seals, shocks, and the gas tank fittings. Any ideas for me?

Fibreglass tank? You have an '80 model. Standard they came with a plastic tank. I haven't heard of a fibreglass tank on this model. The UK models had an aluminium tank with a fibreglass cover and not level sight.

The grommets are a bugger. If you can find a suitable size it/they will probably deteriorate when exposed to petrol.

*edit* if you do have a fibreglass tank then I suggest you plug the holes with fibreglass and rig something up to maintain the apperance of the fuel level pipe. If you have the plastic tank I'm afraid it's pretty bleak unless you can find the correct grommets that are petrol resistant.

Edited by TooFastTim