GG125 Service Components & How to...

jakeblues68

Hi,

I am thinking that I should really carry out a full service on my 2006 model GG125, It's not had one since I bought it over the winter period and I'd really like to get amongst it and make sure everything is clean, lubed properly and is at the correct setting.

My question is, are there any service manuals/publications out there in the public domain that give a guide on oil quantity, oil and lubrication types and torque settings etc?

Also, where is the best place to purchase all the service items? (Oils, air filter etc)

I don't really have a local shop any more and I haven't the option of booking it somewhere to get done (literally) so mail order or internet shopping is preferable.

Many thanks in advance of any advice

Pete

edit due to another search of the forums

found this http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html

i think it covers the manuals and torque settings etc so i just need to purchase the oils now.

Edited by jakeblues68

Hi,

I am thinking that I should really carry out a full service on my 2006 model GG125, It's not had one since I bought it over the winter period and I'd really like to get amongst it and make sure everything is clean, lubed properly and is at the correct setting.

My question is, are there any service manuals/publications out there in the public domain that give a guide on oil quantity, oil and lubrication types and torque settings etc?

Also, where is the best place to purchase all the service items? (Oils, air filter etc)

I don't really have a local shop any more and I haven't the option of booking it somewhere to get done (literally) so mail order or internet shopping is preferable.

Many thanks in advance of any advice

Pete

edit due to another search of the forums

found this http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html

i think it covers the manuals and torque settings etc so i just need to purchase the oils now.

Does anyone have any advice on the make of oil I use? Is there a prefered oil brand?

Fork and Gearbox?

Edited by jakeblues68

I'd say for the gearbox use Castrol TQ-D which is ATF (Auto Transmission Fluid)

Get that from a car spares shop there are some cheaper brands as well that are the same spec (Dexron III)

The hand book is wrong the fill quantity will be about 350ml and the level must is half way up the sight window. Ignore what the owner book says(550ml)obviously too much!! also says to use the Dipstick but there isn't one.

There are many mistakes in the book! so best to ask people on here.

Forks just normal fork oil 5w or 7.5w. Personal preference for the oil weight but 7.5 is standard. A one litre bottle will do a couple of oil changes.

:thumbup:

Edited by RichT

I'd say for the gearbox use Castrol TQ-D which is ATF (Auto Transmission Fluid)

Get that from a car spares shop there are some cheaper brands as well that are the same spec (Dexron III)

The hand book is wrong the fill quantity will be about 350ml and the level must is half way up the sight window. Ignore what the owner book says(550ml)obviously too much!! also says to use the Dipstick but there isn't one.

There are many mistakes in the book! so best to ask people on here.

Forks just normal fork oil 5w or 7.5w. Personal preference for the oil weight but 7.5 is standard. A one litre bottle will do a couple of oil changes.

:thumbup:

Many thanks for the info, i was ready for spending a fortune in a local HG shop but with this knowledge I can have a good shop around and get a good deal from somewhere. We may even have ATF at work :-)