Air filter

suzuki250

You should clean it when it is dirty!

There is no hard/fast rule about how many hours between cleanings - where you ride makes a big difference. If I am riding in the woods and there is no dust and no mud the filter stays clean a very long time. When I am riding out in the open and it is dusty the filter will get dirty much faster.

If the outside of my bike and the chain stay clean, then chances are my filter is clean as well. When I can see that the filter has noticeable dirt and dust clinging to it, then it is time to clean it. (I actually have a spare and clean and oil them both at the same time so that I only need to do the messy cleaning and oiling job half as often.)

Edited by 1oldbanjo

1oldbanjo sumded it up. (Y)

Rele comes down to the conditions your riding in. At the minute for me, riding conditions are dry but very dusty. I have a spare filter so would just change every 1/2 times out.

Hope this is helpful.

I Change after every ride - have a couple of spare filters as said above.

Always start with a fresh one cos it costs nowt to do it this way and may guarantees carburation and performance is as you want it.

Also clean brakes out after evry ride.