Best ways to apply a sticker kit?

Well as the title says, i eventually got my hands on a sticker kit and i am just looking for tips on the best way to apply it, so that i dont make a mess (air-bubbles,ripping the sticker) as they are far from cheap.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

The desired surface should be absolutely clean and free of grease. To clean the "pores" of the surface, I use pure polish for paint or plastic, without any wax components!

Then I wipe off the surface shortly with brake cleaner or acetone, just to get rid of any grease and fingerprints.

Best way to avoid finger prints is to use gloves!

Before you mout the Sticker, pull the sticker off the backing paper and spray "relaxed" water to the adhesive surface and also to surface that will be later covered.

To "relax" the water use a splash of detergent.

Then you can apply the sticker surface without any force, now you can move the sticker / decal back and forth until it is at the right point.

Then you eliminate the water away with a squeegee, this in systematic approach, (the procedure depends on the shape of the label and the surface and is sadly too complicated to explain, perhaps there exists a good How to ... video on Youtube).

Afterwards warm up the ground with an ordinary hair dryer and if there might show up small air bubbles in the push them away to the shortest way towards the edge, use the squeegee to do so. (If the decal is warmed up and the aadhesive still fresh this works very fine.

Then wait at least one day befor you ride or wash, ... your bike.

Done and ready for riding.