bultaco sherpa new owner

millerme

just drove 450 mile round trip to pick up my bultaco sherpa i bought from the bay not sure what year it is starts with JB 199 also need a carb and exhaust had a look on the bay nothing about any body know where to get second parts from

just drove 450 mile round trip to pick up my bultaco sherpa i bought from the bay not sure what year it is starts with JB 199 also need a carb and exhaust had a look on the bay nothing about any body know where to get second parts from

Try www.bultacouk.com

The M199 Sherpa T was produced from around 1978 to 1980. For this reason it would be impossible to date the bike unless it has registration papers. In any case the year isn't important. The only important numbers are the ones on the frame and engine. These denote what model the bike is. In your case it is a 325cc sherpa t. Almost all parts are available for this bike. Try Bultaco uk (www.bultacouk.com). I'm sure they will stock everything you are after for that bike. Ebay is a good source for parts too. Exhaust systems regularly come up for sale. You can fit a mikuni carb or go with the original bing. I would contact bultaco uk first, tell them what model you have and what you need and they can get you started. I highly recommend you get a parts and service manual for the bike.

Steve

contact bultaco uk today they said it was a 1980 bultaco 350 t number was JM 199 ******A did not have and exhaust in stock so will look on the web found a mikuni carb there are few about for under

I didnt see the A at the end of the serial number when you previously posted. So yes that model was produced starting in 1980. Congrats nice bike!! Anytime you order parts from any Bultaco parts dealer always state the full serial number as this will more accurately reflect what parts the bike may or may not use. The year reference makes no differnce in what parts the bike uses only the serial number will.

Steve

The M199 Sherpa T was produced from around 1978 to 1980. For this reason it would be impossible to date the bike unless it has registration papers.

Give Bultaco UK a call, tell them your full frame number and they will be able to tell you the date the bike was imported into

the UK , and therefore determine when it was produced.

Thanks