Helmet

bob

I need a new helmet. I want either a white or silver one, no other colours really as I am getting a sticker kit for it. I am thinking about getting an NZI standard

Edited by bob

They aren't vented but you can vent them although this is not allowed I know afew who have done this. My current helmet is not vented and is not too hot, good point though, thanks.

My local dealer does not do vented helmets for less than 60 quid, neither does BVM.

Edited by bob

Xspeed about 38 quid and vented at the brow. Come in white silver and blue (not sure about red though...)

I'd agree with that. I've got two of them. Initially the reason I bought it was that it's the only one I can find that's big enough :wacko:

My original helmet (2 years old at least) has been jetwashed almost every week, with very little side effects. It's not the lightest of helmets, so maybe not the right one if you're built like a fairy :stoned: but it's not that heavy at all.

I really don't know why they are so cheap. They definitely don't feel cheap and nasty.

Only problems I had with mine were on thr first outing the wind was so bad that, not only would the bike not pull more than 4th into the wind, it blew the peak clean off. I hadn't had the centre retaining screw tightened properly. This wasn't even really a fault in the helmet when I think of it.. BVM sorted me out with a new peak for 6 quid in two days.

Oh, and the belt retainer has rusted a bit. Other than that, sound a s a pound. The fitting is good too. My Shark and AGV road helmets are both sz56, a 56 in the Xpeed fitted perfectly as well...

I'll recommend the Xpeed as well..... actually, scrub that! i'd HIGHLY recommend one! for under 40squid ya cant go wrong!

i'm XL in Bieffe, Hebo, CTS and Kiwi, an XL Xpeed fits me spot on too.

I have a blue one, and the finish is beautiful, overall quality would be good for a helmet much more expensive, as such, i think value for money, you really cant go wrong!

If you want a really cheap silver helmet with vents,

try an old colander,they are really tough , and if you can afford an alloy one

light too.

but if it has git legs they must be cut off ,THEY WILL CATCH THE UNDERGROWTH.