2006 sherco 290 for a beginner

dave_johnston

The kickstart sits fine and the spring seems nice and strong, I think even if I removed the kickstart while the bike is running it would still make the noise, might just whip the casing off and have a look when I get chance, don't know if it's possible to get the shaft in slightly wrong while the water pump seals been done, but wouldn't have thought it would have been touched

In theory nothing on the engine case side should have been touched if only the water pump seals were change. As the seals are in the clutch cover. But I assume you already know that. I am basically agreeing with you.

Maybe more work was done to it than the water pump seals. Bad bearing on the kickstart shaft, causing it to sit a little askew? And then the sprocket does not fully disengage?? Just grasping at straws.

I have heard of this, ane either my '10 or 03 bike did it. Ryan sent me a kickstart gear under warranty at the time, sussed, and I never really seen the problem with it, has to do with clearances on the shaft or something.

Best ring up MRS or Splatshop on this one, to see if they have any suggestions.

How are you getting on with the 290 I have had mine for about four mounts had no problems with the bike at all but I find it to much of a hand full. I keep firing myself of it I think I might go back to a 250 or are there any set up tips I need to do. The bike has a quick action throttle I might change that and try again any ideas anyone.

How are you getting on with the 290 I have had mine for about four mounts had no problems with the bike at all but I find it to much of a hand full. I keep firing myself of it I think I might go back to a 250 or are there any set up tips I need to do. The bike has a quick action throttle I might change that and try again any ideas anyone.

Slow throttle

Reduce ignition timing

Boyesen reeds

Read through these threads and do your homework, it is all there. :thumbup: