exhaust

bondy

PJ1 Satin Finish exhaust spray is the best ive ever used. Nice durable finish and it isn't any more expensive than anything else.

hi mate im from wigan but live in liverpool now. so were would be the best place to get pj1 from ive had a look on ebay but only seem to do the matt black. how many coats did you give the exhaust? ive just finished retoring a bult i used granvil engin paint on the exhaust but came off at the front. were do you go on your bike? ive just come back from a trials holiday in cornwall im new to trials not done it for years cheers chris

Here is an adress where you can get this pait in the UK:

pedparts.co.uk

Maybe there are other places where you can get it for a cheaper price, I would try to use google in your country.

nice one thanks for that what bult have you got? ive got a 199A 350 just restord it.

nice one thanks for that what bult have you got? ive got a 199A 350 just restord it.

A 199B same displacement, rebuild still going on, the bike had stood around 15-20 years

forgotten in a garage. They could not tell me for how long time. "It always stood there

as I could remember" was the answer from the seller when I asked.

A 199B same displacement, rebuild still going on, the bike had stood around 15-20 years

forgotten in a garage. They could not tell me for how long time. "It always stood there

as I could remember" was the answer from the seller when I asked.

intresting i wouldnt mind a 199B. i got to bultacos the other one as the alloy tank its in ok condtion but as aslight crack on the top any ideas how i could fix it? i was thinking of taking it to a body shop to get it resprayd the paint as bubled were the exhaust is have you any ideas how i can stop this? thanks chris

intresting i wouldnt mind a 199B. i got to bultacos the other one as the alloy tank its in ok condtion but as aslight crack on the top any ideas how i could fix it? i was thinking of taking it to a body shop to get it resprayd the paint as bubled were the exhaust is have you any ideas how i can stop this? thanks chris

A body shop sounds good, they should have experience with welding alloy, I gave my dented MX pipe to my local body shop and they where able to get them out they are real plate wizards.

I don't have any experience with Bultaco alloy gas tanks, on my MX bike I use aluminum foil heat-protection for the back of the sidepaneels where the exhaust goes along. This works very good, the foil is self-adhesive. The foil protects the plastic very good, (my MX bike is an old girl and the plastic sidepanels are not availabe any more to this model). But this might not look so nice on a Sherpa?

Here is the ressource in Germany: heat protection foil

You might try out heat tape, which you can get in different colors too, this works also very good. You need zip ties to to get them mounted. The manifold of the Sherpa is at the point along the fuel tank at it's highest point so it won't get to dirty there, this might be also a sultion to prevent heat damage to the gas tank.

Ressource sadly in Germany again: heat tape

Patrik

Edited by PSchrauber