beta techno clutch

michaelvts

hi all i have just joined this form as i have bought my self a beta techno 1999 250cc just after advise as i have removed the engine as i had it rebuilt and painted now i have come to put bike all back together today and came across little issue lol

how do i blead the clutch on my bike (beta techno 1999 250cc) couold some one kindly give me a godd step by step i have read and searched and cant seem to find any info

regards michael and thanks in advance

Hi,

for some reason there seems to be alot ot trouble bleading beta hydraulics, many people try all different ways of doing this but the one that works for me is as follows.

make sure bike is level through out

unscrew the filler cap on the clutch lever

attach a 1 to 2 metre length of clear plastic pipe to the bleed nipple located on the right side of the engine case ( right as if sitting on bike)

loosen the nipple half a turn

suck on the tube while keeping a eye on the level in the clutch lever reserviour and top up as required

keep going until the fluid comes half way up the plastic pipe (there should be bubbles and then a good section with just fluid (no bubbles)

close the bleed nipple, and replace reserviour cap

this is just one method - there are plenty more if you cant get on with this one.

Excellent ill try this tonight thanks mate and does it matter if fluid leaks from washers while i blead or wud this mean loosened to much

Washers ? - the only washers are where the banjo connections are, these should NOT leak at any time, if they do then they will draw air back into the system and it will never work.

the bleed nipple is exactly the same as whats on the brake calipers ( follow the front brake pipe down to the caliper, where it connects is a banjo connector, at the top of the caliper is the bleed nipple - its exactly the same as on the right hand engine case except this is the clutch one) - deffinatly no washers !.

if you mean from the nipple - then yes its to loose but will still work eventually.

all the best

Neville

I just did mine tonight and used the same method for both. Take cap off the reservoir, keep it topped up, open the bleed nipple and let the fluid run through. Once I'd topped it up twice I locked 'em off an they're both now working fine. Wipe off and excess and then chuck a bucket of water over it to wash off the fluid.

Mssed about with syringe, bleed kit and all that, no good until I just let gravity do the work.

• 4 years later...