Beta Rev 3 2008

teeth

ey up

Been out on the Beta for a bit tonight, and have a small problem occur

The bike started fine then with a little speed (10mph or so) developed a timely 'tick' which makes me think it may be something on the chain

BUT

as this was going on the bike started going funny & cut out. Someone i spoke to at swaine was telling me Betas may tick when running low on fuel

as he said this the carb peeeeed fuel out of the overflow!

Now this is my first Beta, only ever had GasGas' can anyone shed any light on it?

thanks

Elliott

ey up

Been out on the Beta for a bit tonight, and have a small problem occur

The bike started fine then with a little speed (10mph or so) developed a timely 'tick' which makes me think it may be something on the chain

BUT

as this was going on the bike started going funny & cut out. Someone i spoke to at swaine was telling me Betas may tick when running low on fuel

as he said this the carb peeeeed fuel out of the overflow!

Now this is my first Beta, only ever had GasGas' can anyone shed any light on it?

thanks

Elliott

Could be floats and needle jet stuck if its run out of fuel and then gone onto reserve. Take the carb off , clean thoroughly with compressed air and try again.

Phil

now then

cheer for the reply, turns out bike was teetering on the reserve limit, could have sworn it had more fuel in!!

As for the ticking - the front sprocket had a chipped tooth!!

thanks again

now then

cheer for the reply, turns out bike was teetering on the reserve limit, could have sworn it had more fuel in!!

As for the ticking - the front sprocket had a chipped tooth!!

thanks again

Also make sure your master link clip isn't making contact anywhere. Makes a nice tick sound. Yup, I did that once.

Edited by deminimis