rattly clutch

stushine

is there anyway to stop the annoying clutch rattle on the gas gas?

ive been told its normal and nothing that can be done, rattles on idle with clutch out, as soon as you pull it in it stops...

anyone?

no thats just how they are, they all do it

no thats just how they are, they all do it

to true just got a new 250 rattles like a b****d but works like a dream !!!

but dumped all the oil out the other day seamed to be comming out of the joint where it jions the casing any one else had this problem ??? seames ok now

• 2 weeks later...

this seems VERY excessive compared to my mates gasgas, i can hear it whilst riding etc, its actually gettin on my nerves!

any ideas?

well, could be the oil, you could have a bad bearing behind the clutch basket, which is hard to identify without disassembly & inspection (comparison with one not noisy). the cluch basket gets "pushed on" when you pull on the clutch, this is why it quiets down. I had a clip come off the kicker shaft, and go through the gear on the clutch basket and the crank gear, had to replace the clutch basket to get things back to normal after that... Could be the kicker's idler gear is worn a bit, and is what is rattling the cage, and gets quieted when you pull on the clutch...

Good luck, and let us know if you find the problem....