works ty mono

millerme

is there such thing as a ty mono works bike , i just bought a ty mono running need s a small amount of work to sort it out or spares for my pinky ,and on closer inspection i noticed that the bike has grease nipples on the swing arm bolt the one goes thro the frame and on the rear brake pedal and on the head stock also has a AIR SHOCK on the rear that look like it was made to fit this bike and not butchered to fit and is the same length as my pinky shock , so was wondering if yam made a works bike with these mods

I had a TY mono back in the early 90's, bought it second hand, it didn't have grease nipples on the swing arm but it was something i wanted to do, lots of owners put them on. Grease nipples on the linkage were standard? Lots of bits were available from Talon and Shirts, this bike had an alloy kickstart, a fibreglass bashplate that went between the engine and the normal bashplate, Talon discs front and rear, air valves on the forks to let air out and a fibreglass petrol tank. Somebody had also made up frame and linkage protectors from stainless steel, it looked really good. It's the most favourite of all the bikes I've owned. I rode it to death over three years and traded it in for next to nothing for another TY.

Don't know anything about the shock, but other mods were 270 conversions and shortened inlet.