gas gad txt 250 weighted flywheel. 2011

alvin123

Not so sure about that.

Most of my experience is on a Sherco 290 (270) and now I'm on a GG 200 (175).

I'm having a hard time getting used to the snappy delivery.

The little engine seems to rev faster.

I'm losing traction, pushing the front tire in loose/slippy conditions....

I may go for a slow throttle.

Hello

Don't know about flywheel but very surprised if you find the 99 TXT200 a bit lively... as I assume that heavier flywheel is to calm it down.

Had a 99 TXT 200 and found 2001 '200' similar and slightly better ....as I liked the soft usable power that the 160cc puts out... as I'm an over 50 rider.

Engine completely standard apart from a clutch "clean up" mod that I found in Beta section of site.. excellent instructions... and my mod of only using 3 springs on pressure plate...which is OK for my type and style of riding

Weigh around 83 kilos in riding kit...so I don't think my weight could be a significant factor in flattening our power.

Have you got slow action twist grip?

How is carb set up?

david

I put one on my last bike (06 Pro250) It made quite a difference Smooth off the bottom and never stalled. Depends on your technique it was great for off cambers but if you needed the front to come up you had to plan it a bit earlier and pop the clutch. It will make it very calm untill the revs get about half way and of course the flywheel effect will take it longer to slow down when you shut off the throttle!

I liked it but since I got my 2010 I've not bothered to transfer it.