mikuni carb goin in the bin

pkk

does any one no the model number for the dellorto carb to fit the beta rev 3 , this mikuni carb whats on my rev 3 270 2000 , is leaking fuel , bike allways stalls when goin down hills , im from uk living in thailand going to visit my familly next week so ill be picking a few bits up , a new carb will be top of the list of many things , any help please....!

does any one no the model number for the dellorto carb to fit the beta rev 3 , this mikuni carb whats on my rev 3 270 2000 , is leaking fuel , bike allways stalls when goin down hills , im from uk living in thailand going to visit my familly next week so ill be picking a few bits up , a new carb will be top of the list of many things , any help please....!

You should be able to pick up a proper OKO 26(Kiehin copy) there for a song. With a bit of setting, they work well. :thumbup:

a friend of mine set the carb up for me and its done well since I got the bike a few month ago but last time out I turned on the fuel and it just came out of the pipes on the carb , took the carb off cleaned it , then it was ok for a few hour then just started draining my tank again , ill buy a new one from the uk and see how it goes , the bike seems to have no throttle response feels slugish so I hope a new carb helps this

If the fuel is coming out the vent tubes at the side of the carb nipper a hole in each tube about halfway up the carb body. It will fix the problem. Float height and travel adjustment per Billy T's instructions will cure the downhill burble. I've done these to many Betas with Mikuni's including my own and it will work.

Now if fuel is coming out the single overflow overflow tube at the bottom of the carb then you have a float valve problem possibly a holed float. I know it's frustrating but having had a DelOrto on my '95 the bike improved immeasurably once it was replaced with a Mikuni. The Keihin on my '08 is a great carb but is sensitive to air temp and pressure and if the tiniest amount of moisture gets in the pilot circuit it's disassemble and clean time.

As for any power issues if the bike hasn't had a set of rings in the last 5 years it's due. A set of rings will restore that bottom end snap and make the bike start easier. The other thing to note with the '00 270 is it has a flywheel on the primary side of the crank to smooth out power. This makes the bike seem slow compared to the 250s of the time or the bikes of the last few years. One way to get a bit more out of it is to use a fast turn throttle. Just take time to get used to it.

thanks for advise dan will order some rings and ill just buy a new carb , ive found a crack in the side of the carb dont no how this would have hapend so ill get a dellorto Ive been told to get a vhst 28mm , cheers

Sounds like a plan. I have seen bent choke plungers and a caved in cylinder head from crashes so I guess anything can get broken if you hit it just right but a cracked carb body is a first. Let us know how it runs after you fit the new carb. Knowledge shared is knowledge multiplied.