Help please before I go mad......................

ivorspider1290

Help please if you may, have just spent the last hour refurbing my carb and had ordered a new cable to go with the rest of the shinny stuff for the 200.

After trying to fit the cable I noticed on the Venhill packet I had been sent a F01-4-004 which claims to be for a 240cc Trials 1981-84.

Will this cable work on my 1981 Fantic 200 ? It seems to be about 2 inches to long or am I losing the plot. I must admit it's been some time since I've had to fit a new throttle cable.

Any ideas please before I go mad, The bike is so nearly finished and I was hoping to fire her up and have a play this weekend.

Help please if you may, have just spent the last hour refurbing my carb and had ordered a new cable to go with the rest of the shinny stuff for the 200.

After trying to fit the cable I noticed on the Venhill packet I had been sent a F01-4-004 which claims to be for a 240cc Trials 1981-84.

Will this cable work on my 1981 Fantic 200 ? It seems to be about 2 inches to long or am I losing the plot. I must admit it's been some time since I've had to fit a new throttle cable.

Any ideas please before I go mad, The bike is so nearly finished and I was hoping to fire her up and have a play this weekend.

should fit ok...even if 2 inches too long...easy to loose that. Most important thing after connecting...BEFORE kicking, open and close the trottle. it should close on its own and listen for that nice clunk when the slide closes in the carb body. if you dont here it, there is not enough freeplay and the bike will rev its nutts off when it catches.....will give you a heart attack.. Avoid this

Cheers Lee,

Will chop the cable to fit and yes Dad, will make sure it works before I fire the old girl into life. 10 years ago was racing motocross at Ledbury and had a throttle stick open on me. Oak tree 1 - me nil. Ended up with broken collar bone, arm and leg. Painful, didn't put me off. Should really have let go of the bike butdin't want to hurt her.

Will have a go at putting some pictures on here, failing that I'll fire you an e-mail with some.

Cheers Lee,

Will chop the cable to fit and yes Dad, will make sure it works before I fire the old girl into life. 10 years ago was racing motocross at Ledbury and had a throttle stick open on me. Oak tree 1 - me nil. Ended up with broken collar bone, arm and leg. Painful, didn't put me off. Should really have let go of the bike butdin't want to hurt her.

Will have a go at putting some pictures on here, failing that I'll fire you an e-mail with some.

I keep telling the rest of Team WGASA when we go practice "Catch my bike, I have insurance to fix me, the bike costs money!!" :D (I seriously hope they know I don't WANT to get hurt)