2007 Beta Rev 3 250 4T

stig

The only issues I can think of for the first couple of batches into the UK were sorted under warranty by JLI's I believe.

The barrel/head studs expanded when the engine got hot so they leaked a bit of water.

A few kick starts snapped although if you're buying an 07 bike, it's either a good 'un or it's already been replaced

Cracking bike :thumbup:

The only issues I can think of for the first couple of batches into the UK were sorted under warranty by JLI's I believe.

The barrel/head studs expanded when the engine got hot so they leaked a bit of water.

A few kick starts snapped although if you're buying an 07 bike, it's either a good 'un or it's already been replaced

Cracking bike :thumbup:

Thanks Kinell. Apparently it's had the '08 kickstart and hotstard mods (not sure how I can verify these other than the understanding that the '08 kickstart no longer fouls the frame).

I know about the cylinder leaks - so will check to see if there's any evidence of that, though as you say, hopefully these issues will have been sorted years ago.

Hope to be posting pics of said bike here soon :thumbup: Wish me luck!

i must have bought a bad un then

two months already had a new stator fork seals carb leaking petrol into airbox carb leaking petrol out of drain screw new clutch master cylinder as worn inside amongst other issues

cracking bike to ride when its working

2007 was their first commercial year for the 4T so things were a little unfinished in places. As mentioned above with mods to be done. Carbs were sent out running lean to pass emissions testing so the needle needs to be raised nearly all the way to the top (if not all the way) and mixture screw needs 2.5-4 turns (experiment!)

I've still got my 08 Rev 4 and it's bullet proof to be honest. My 08 Rev 4 still had a rubbing kickstart. It isn't the lever that's the problem, it's the spindle itself which is too short. I'm sure I even had to remove the clutch basket to get it out. The carb is a diaphragm carb so it is virtually maintenance free. The throttle is heavy mind. The 07 didn't come with a front pipe heat shield either so get one or you will destroy your leg / boots / pants in a single tumble. I bought one designed for moto-x bikes from DRC racing. One thing to notice on the rev 4 is that the stator cover is cast alloy and not plastic like the rev 3's. I originally thought this was due to the stator and flywheel being encased in oil like on the moto-x'rs but it isn't. Water does get in here so make sure you remove this cover after every wash and let it dry out. The rev 4 engine is virtually the same as the evo 4t so I think the engine speaks for itself. I hope you like the bike as much as I have enjoyed mine the last 2 years.

Thanks for the replies all - very helpful.

Picked the bike up and all seems ship-shape so far. Kickstart mod has been done (longer spindle) but you can see where the original used to rub. Gaskets all look to be pretty new and in good shape, so looks as if it's been looked after and it runs very nicely. No evidence of coolant leak from the cylinder/block either.

I knew about the black stator cover so will try to keep it nice and dry.

Some cosmetic stuff to sort (because I'm finicky about such things even though I know they'll end up getting smacked again!) but happy with it so far.

First trials bike for about 25 years - but do 500 miles a week on a road bike so clutch hand nice and strong ;) Looking forward to getting to grips with it - suffice to say it's a fair bit different to my old Fantics (and Bultaco prior to that :-o )

That said, a nice clean twin shock would go well in the garage ;)

Thanks again