Beta Evo 4T, 250 or 300?

shedracer

As a rider, I have some experience many moons ago as a novice. I have in the past, owned Montesa's and a Beta Rev, but as I consider getting back into Trials, I am considering a 4 stroke. The question I would like to know, with my experience, should I consider a 250 4T, or would a 300 4T be better. Any suggestions and experiences much appreciated. :thumbup:

As a rider, I have some experience many moons ago as a novice. I have in the past, owned Montesa's and a Beta Rev, but as I consider getting back into Trials, I am considering a 4 stroke. The question I would like to know, with my experience, should I consider a 250 4T, or would a 300 4T be better. Any suggestions and experiences much appreciated. :thumbup:

This is very easy to answer.

You have selected the correct bike - Beta Evo 4 stroke, just go for the 250 version.

I was in a similar position to you 2 years back and riding a Beta rev3 200 - had a go on a friends 250 evo and that was that for me ! In fact I recall saying to my friend having done a lap of the trial we had just finised, that riding a Evo 250 was as close to cheating as was possible !It was that easy to find grip and control.

I have tried allsorts in between and nothing else came close for me , so I have now got one.

A 300 is more 'firey' and will actually be harder to ride (unless you can be 100% sure you can 'boss' the bike - where as a 250 will do EVERYTHING you will need to do and will feel like you are in total control.

Me in and out of trials since 13 year old (now 45 !) ridden and finished the SSDT / yorks centres / a few nationals in the past.

The 250 is for me the most enjoyable ride I have experienced. :rolleyes:

Tip - make sure you drop one tooth off the gearbox sprocket if you are riding northern sections.

Cheers

GAW.

The Beta 250 4T is fine buy one - you'll be amazed how much go it actually has and it gets SOOOOOOO much grip. My bike has the same engine & I ride at a competent level and don't need more power. If you have more riding skills get the 300 4T.

When you get one there are a few mods to do so search the Beta area..... Best one is to raise the needle all the way up..... cos the bikes ship lean from the factory to pass emissions testing

Edited by NZRalphy