2000 Rev 3 not starting

bazza

Hi my 2000 rev 3 has not missed a beat in the last year but just lately has started playing up a bit.

I turned it off after about an hour and it would not start so i pulled the plug out an it was soaking so cleand it and eventualy after a bump off it started.

I changed the plug, stripped and cleaned the card and air box last week and it fired up and ran great.

Tonight i went out and it would not start, flooded again so i cleaned the plug and still nothing, bumped it and then it ran great for 2 to 3 hours stopping and starting. but the problem seems to be when i leave it off for moe than 10-15 mins it dose not want to start again and has to be bumped as if it is flooding its self or when it cools a bit for some reason.

Hope some one can help.

Bazz

Edited by bazza

Some rev3 have problems with the float in the carb getting stuck in one place which will make the carb flood. if you take of the float bowl and make sure its not full up with dirt, seized up or damaged. Hope this helps :icon_salut:

Also make sure you completly turn the fuel off when you leave it for said 10-15 minutes this might help (i do this reguarly as i find my rev3 has a habit of deciding to flood at bad times)

Also Check your petcock (fuel swithch) like the guy above says as some times the seals go on them alowing them to always be on.

Edited by benwall

Had the carb off last week, cleaned it out but not 100% what to look for in the way of not been right (nothing looked damager or overly dirty.

How do i know if the jets ect are right, going to take it off again tomorrow and have another look and to check it again as i read last night someone had the same thing and it was a blocked inlet hole or something.

Checked the tap and all seems to work ok, got the bike running tonight, would not kick again so i had a look at the plug and it was black and socking so cleand it and heated up a bit and put the bike on the side to drain the excess out of the carb, put it in and after a couple of kicks fired up and was ticking over fine stopping and starting. Then after 10 mins off would not start again.

While it was running i turned the fuel off and after a while it stalled, turned it on and it started fine.

Like i say i will take the carb off again tomorrow but im stumped.