riding my first trial

scorpa01

could you tell me some info on what to do and what to expect when i get to the venue its at LEE QUARRY , BACUP tomorrow i am doing it with my mate but he's an intermediate and i'm a beginner so he will be doing different section , any help will be great

cheers james

Hi James

I will be there tomorrow riding the Clubmam sections the same sections as you as there is no beginners sections.I ride the beginners and am riding Novice Clubman for the first time. Have you been practicing @ Cowm ? You will need to have some Bike expereance to ride this Trial. I have seen first time riders with Motorcross or Enduro exsperiance do well on there first trial. If you ride tomorrow there will probely be betweeen 8 & 10 sections spred around the Quarry you will have to ride around the Quarry four times each time riding all the sections. You will need to join the ACU on the day if you are not a member

hi thanks for the details of what i had to do but i did'nt end up doing the trial as there was no beginner route at this trial as my mate forgot to tell me but the next one that rochdale / darwen trial i will be doing it so hopefully i will see you there next time , i believe it was quite a hard trial up there on sunday not sure where he came will have a check an let you know cheers once again

james

hi thanks for the details of what i had to do but i did'nt end up doing the trial as there was no beginner route at this trial as my mate forgot to tell me but the next one that rochdale / darwen trial i will be doing it so hopefully i will see you there next time , i believe it was quite a hard trial up there on sunday not sure where he came will have a check an let you know cheers once again

james

The next one for Darwen Club will be better for you. Do the beginners course and you should be alright.

Phil

Yeah a will be hopefully want to start taking it a little more serious now , need to get my fitness up though am knackered after a couple of attempted sections lol , think al have to get a mountain bike as well now the expense just keeps coming lol , but i surpose its cheaper than motorcross at the end of the day.

also where and when is the next trial do you know ??

Edited by scorpa01

Yeah a will be hopefully want to start taking it a little more serious now , need to get my fitness up though am knackered after a couple of attempted sections lol , think al have to get a mountain bike as well now the expense just keeps coming lol , but i surpose its cheaper than motorcross at the end of the day.

also where and when is the next trial do you know ??

Trials is practically free compared to motocross !!

The next trial is at Back Cowm Quarry this Sunday 11th Sept. @ 11.00 am. This trial is with the Darwen Club and shouldn't be to difficult for a first time beginner, so if you turn up, just take your time and enjoy yourself !!

Phil