Triumph Cub Oil tank

vinnied

Oil Tank under the petrol tank, or, in the conventional place on the right hand side of bike, one better or one worse anybody have any feelings, for or against.

Vinnie :guinness:

Hmmm interesting one this. Lets just take a step back and think about basics. I've always thought it best to keep any weight as low as poss on a trials bike. As for oil isnt it usually a goal to apply a cooling effect to the oil if possible?

Taking both these into consideration then i think i would come down in favor of an alloy oil tank in the conventional position.

I'm sure others will put the arguement for under the tank but it does put the weight higher and the fuel tank shrouds the oil tank plus the oil tank is also directly over a hot engine Hmmmm as i said interesting one? Which way are you leaning? :popcorn:

It sort of depends on what you are doing with the rest of the bike. I made a Top Tube Oil Tank 'very similar' to a Sammy Miller one. However I made mine from slightly larger diam tube to increase the capacity. I also added an external oil filter (

Hmmm interesting one this. Lets just take a step back and think about basics. I've always thought it best to keep any weight as low as poss on a trials bike. As for oil isnt it usually a goal to apply a cooling effect to the oil if possible?

Taking both these into consideration then i think i would come down in favor of an alloy oil tank in the conventional position.

I'm sure others will put the arguement for under the tank but it does put the weight higher and the fuel tank shrouds the oil tank plus the oil tank is also directly over a hot engine Hmmmm as i said interesting one? Which way are you leaning? :popcorn:

It sort of depends on what you are doing with the rest of the bike. I made a Top Tube Oil Tank 'very similar' to a Sammy Miller one. However I made mine from slightly larger diam tube to increase the capacity. I also added an external oil filter (