EVO Fenders

sir dabs alot

So I notice a lot of comments on the Beta EVO fenders not being very durable.

I recently bought a 2009 EVO 250 like new with a cracked front fender that had been super glued back together. I ended up breaking it off in the back yard playing around so I bought a new one. I installed it before competing in my first trials on it, took it home washed it and parked it. That weekend a friend came over and I broke it out to show it to him. What do you know, I did a wheelie and when I came doen the front fender caught on something and SNAP!!!! another broken fender. I did notice thet it caught on something and initially thought it was the header pipe. After looking at it all a while I'm thinking they are catching on the radiator. There are scuff on the bottom 1-2" where the new and old fenders have rubbed. It appears that if the fender were about 1 1/2" shorter it'd miss whatever its snagging on.

Anyone else experience this? What solutions are people coming up with? Is there a better replacement item than the stock fenders?

I managed to break both front and rear mudguards on my 2010 bike at the same trial (a warm day in May). I have bought the Top Trials Team kit from Steve Saunders that includes black mudguards with an alloy brace for the front one (cheaper than original ones). I did have to shorten the front one (to the same length as the original) as it melted the bottom on the exhaust pipe. Now working a treat and looks really good as well!