315r montesa choke jet #

plichhayy

hey all just got into trials n jus got my new bike..now some dude that had it before me needed to replace carb parts, but the mechanic he had workin on it changed out the choke jet with plyers and striped the numbers off the end , im jus wondering if anyone has the bike or knows what the number jet is i need to be running, the dealer said thers millions of diff ones and without the number its guessing blind, he sent me one he thought would be best suited to my bike, but still doesnt idle down correctly , bike works fine and is ride able its jus annoying listenin to the idle when i grab the clutch, thanks for your time also my bike is a 1994 montesa cota 314r 250cc if im not mistaken ?

you should only be using the choke jet when the engine is cold, probably for first 30 seconds to a minute, after that the choke should be turned off. Are you sure its the choke jet your talking about ? if its not idling when warm turn the choke off, if its off already then the pilot jet is your problem or somthing else is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i now understand that it wouldnt matter..jus the guy i bought it off was calling it the choke jet so i went n posted rite away as i was anul n wanted the bike to be perfect .. haha after driven fora while the bike works fine like perfect i cant notice any ill effects , so ima jus pound on it until next season and buy a new one (scorpa sy280)and use the monty as a buddy bike or trail mission bike hahah puta a seat or something ... thanks thou guys