Clutch plates install

tomf

I'm going to replace my original 315r clutch plates with Apico steel and fibre plates at weekend, just wanted to know should I soak the plates in elf oil before installation or will I just rub some oil around them before I put them in?

Also what torque should I tighten the casing up too when I'm done.

Thanks for all the help.

I'm going to replace my original 315r clutch plates with Apico steel and fibre plates at weekend, just wanted to know should I soak the plates in elf oil before installation or will I just rub some oil around them before I put them in?

Also what torque should I tighten the casing up too when I'm done.

Thanks for all the help.

To be honest, I am not sure what response one will get from the M/C croud on this, but having builta lot of clutch packs for automatic transmissions, I allways soak the friction plates for a bit, if nothing elst but to insure things are properly lubed up on startup. :thumbup:

To be honest, I am not sure what response one will get from the M/C croud on this, but having builta lot of clutch packs for automatic transmissions, I allways soak the friction plates for a bit, if nothing elst but to insure things are properly lubed up on startup. :thumbup:

Cheers mate sounds good to me.