Waterpump shaft etc

nubee1974

Sherco 290. 2000yr

I have a problem with the waterpump that will require me to change the waterpump shaft, impeller, bearing ,seal etc. The 2001 onwards 290 model has a plastic pinion and the shaft is keyed to hold the pinion, the seals are also different.

My question is, will the different 2001 shaft etc fit into the 2000 model or do i need to buy the steel pinion and original shaft?

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy the Shaft, Bearing, Seal, Impeller, Pinion and Cluth case gasket?

Thanks for your help.

Regards Chris

Sherco 290. 2000yr

I have a problem with the waterpump that will require me to change the waterpump shaft, impeller, bearing ,seal etc. The 2001 onwards 290 model has a plastic pinion and the shaft is keyed to hold the pinion, the seals are also different.

My question is, will the different 2001 shaft etc fit into the 2000 model or do i need to buy the steel pinion and original shaft?

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy the Shaft, Bearing, Seal, Impeller, Pinion and Cluth case gasket?

Thanks for your help.

Regards Chris

Is the original shaft and the gear that drives the impeller, all in one piece and metal ?

Phil

Sherco 290. 2000yr

Thanks for your help.

Regards Chris

I do not think these parts will interchange with the later model in any way, as they use a dual seal setup and the shafts are different on the latter.

As far as price, there is no cheaper place to go. I always recco supporting your local dealer if possible, or TC Sponsors such as Trials UK or Splatshop which offer great support through phone or internet as well. :thumbup:

The impeller is very tight fitting onto the shaft. All steel construction with no keyed fitting on the shaft or in the impeller.. The seal and bearings then sit side by side in the clutch case housing. A thrust washer is in place also.

I wasn't sure if all the dimensions were the same and I could "upgrade" to the newer design.

Splatshop are showing a clutch case casket for the a 50cc bike only on a 2000 modle. Are they the same sizing?

Again, thanks for any help.

Chris

The impeller is very tight fitting onto the shaft. All steel construction with no keyed fitting on the shaft or in the impeller.. The seal and bearings then sit side by side in the clutch case housing. A thrust washer is in place also.

I wasn't sure if all the dimensions were the same and I could "upgrade" to the newer design.

Splatshop are showing a clutch case casket for the a 50cc bike only on a 2000 modle. Are they the same sizing?

Again, thanks for any help.

Chris

Try this one

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered and received what was supposed to be a 2000 waterpump shaft, the shop sent me out a modern shaft and said that sherco no longer made the shaft for the 99-2000 bikes. I've now had to buy a plastic pinion gear to boot and I'm having to have the impellers thread altered to fit the new shaft.

My question is. Will the 2001 onwards shaft fit and work in a 2000 bike???

Cheers Chris

Ordered and received what was supposed to be a 2000 waterpump shaft, the shop sent me out a modern shaft and said that sherco no longer made the shaft for the 99-2000 bikes. I've now had to buy a plastic pinion gear to boot and I'm having to have the impellers thread altered to fit the new shaft.

My question is. Will the 2001 onwards shaft fit and work in a 2000 bike???

Cheers Chris

Thats the first I heard of the old ones non available, never tried to modify one.

Ring up Splatshop Chris to get his take onit.

RYP in the US may have the old ones as well.

I know they are different, yet cannot recall specifics. :rolleyes:

Hey,

We have never been able to get hold of the older style with the metal gear, they have been replaced by these 2 newer shafts:

Sherco Water Pump Shaft 1999 - 2000

Sherco Water Pump Shaft 2001 on

The old one (part: M025) overall length is 42.75mm, the threaded section is 12mm

The newer (part: M363) overall length is 43.95mm, the threaded section is 9.65mm

These have a lug to fit the new Plastic Pinon Gear

Cheers

Tim Pearson

www.splatshop.co.uk