tyre valve core/centre ?

myzeneye

quick /daft question...

ive swapped my back tyre, and couldnt manage to get the tyre beads seated back propery.... took it to my brothers garage to use the air lines and the job was sorted ....or so i thought untill ive just checked now and its flat as a pancake. tyre seems to be seated still on its beads etc....

ive got a feeling he swapped the valve core for a shiny new one when he was blasting away with the air line....

are there two types that will got in a schrader valve ? i recall the original core which was removed being smaller some how to the one thats in now ????

daft i know, maybe its just the beads.. (the tryes a mich x11.)

cheers mat

quick /daft question...

ive swapped my back tyre, and couldnt manage to get the tyre beads seated back propery.... took it to my brothers garage to use the air lines and the job was sorted ....or so i thought untill ive just checked now and its flat as a pancake. tyre seems to be seated still on its beads etc....

ive got a feeling he swapped the valve core for a shiny new one when he was blasting away with the air line....

are there two types that will got in a schrader valve ? i recall the original core which was removed being smaller some how to the one thats in now ????

daft i know, maybe its just the beads.. (the tryes a mich x11.)

cheers mat

There are three lengths of valve cores, all should work.

Jon

Yea, they should work, but you may have disloged the rimband. Don't take much! :rolleyes:

jesus, took me all my effort to do the tyre now ive gotta do it again !! ahh well, its exersize for the shoulder i spose... :)

as a first timer at tyre swapping, and a complete ametuer, i didnt even think to look at any banding etc.... just took the tyre off, swapped it round the other way then tried for ages and ages to get the trye back on its beads....so what is the rim band for then ?

as for the lengths, i figured the one id put in was too long :rolleyes:

jesus, took me all my effort to do the tyre now ive gotta do it again !! ahh well, its exersize for the shoulder i spose... :)

as a first timer at tyre swapping, and a complete ametuer, i didnt even think to look at any banding etc.... just took the tyre off, swapped it round the other way then tried for ages and ages to get the trye back on its beads....so what is the rim band for then ?

as for the lengths, i figured the one id put in was too long :rolleyes:

You would be well advised then to take the wheel to a local trials shop and let them go over it with you, as there are a number of subtile tricks to it, and you will be beating yourself to death if you are not careful, and will chunk it in the can!!!!!

There are numerious articles on here and elsewhere, but if you gotta local shop(or experienced rider), it is money well spent, trust me. :thumbup:

You would be well advised then to take the wheel to a local trials shop and let them go over it with you, as there are a number of subtile tricks to it, and you will be beating yourself to death if you are not careful, and will chunk it in the can!!!!!

There are numerious articles on here and elsewhere, but if you gotta local shop(or experienced rider), it is money well spent, trust me. :thumbup:

yep, cant argue with that mate, but i aint got a local trials shop ..... :rolleyes:

yes ive got a few folk who know better then i do, but you gotta try these things hey.... :icon_salut:

ill give it another go , think ill fill it with air and try with some bubbly mix to see if i can see where the leak is first before i pull the tyre off again.....beads seem to be sat on the rim properly, valve core is new, ill be looking around the spokes then to see if ive shifted the rim band....

all part of the learning curve i guess.......

yep, cant argue with that mate, but i aint got a local trials shop ..... :rolleyes:

yes ive got a few folk who know better then i do, but you gotta try these things hey.... :icon_salut:

ill give it another go , think ill fill it with air and try with some bubbly mix to see if i can see where the leak is first before i pull the tyre off again.....beads seem to be sat on the rim properly, valve core is new, ill be looking around the spokes then to see if ive shifted the rim band....

all part of the learning curve i guess.......

Yes it is, and if you must, HERE is a brief guide. You need lots of lube, clean things well, and be sure you did not puncture the band while fighting the tire, as this has been done many times. Band must sit perfect in the machined groove, and if you do not have one, the new bands with integrated stem are worth the skin! :thumbup:

Get on with it! :thumbup:

Yes it is, and if you must, HERE is a brief guide. You need lots of lube, clean things well, and be sure you did not puncture the band while fighting the tire, as this has been done many times. Band must sit perfect in the machined groove, and if you do not have one, the new bands with integrated stem are worth the skin! :thumbup:

Get on with it! :thumbup:

hahahha :icon_salut:

thats brill mate, ill get busy...

Edited by myzeneye