It's All Over

city trials

The twelfth and final round of the World Indoor Championship was held in the White Sa Dona stadium in the Balearic city of Eivissa in Spain.

1 Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 8

2 Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 12

3 Jeroni Fajardo (Gas Gas) 27

4 Takahisa Fujinami (Honda) 19

5 Doug Lampkin (Montesa) 24

6 Marc Freixa (Montesa) 24

Final Standings

1 Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 116

2 Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 88

3 Jeroni Fajardo (Gas Gas) 61

4 Doug Lampkin (Montesa) 59

5 Takahisa Fujinami (Honda) 56

From Team Sherco Press Release

Edited by City Trials

Weather, no dual lane races, high jump, mud, water, loose rocks, grip, amount of practice outdoors compared with amount indoors, Fuji never has performed indoors like he does outdoors, why could he and Lampkin not win the indoors last year on two strokes but could be firat and second on them outdoors.

The top three indoors this year will ride well outdoors, but we won't see them with half the score of riders like Lampkin and fuji.

Next weekend will be a good indicator with all the top riders riding the Spanish championship round.

Why are things suddenly going to change outdoors?

Because basicly Lampkin and Fuji are better outdoors than they are indoors, also the Mont is going to perform much better outdoors than it does indoors.

Should be good and I can't wait till Hawkstone :ph34r:

I ride the Mont (4rt) and have owned GG 280pro, Sherco290, Scropa sy, Beta rev3

The Mont is not as good as the GG in the mud, nor has it the hill climbing abilities of the 2-stroke. But slippery logs, rocks, tree roots its the better bike against all the 2-strokes.

I'd be suprised if the Mont challenges the GG at Hawkstone Park. Hawstone has similar conditions to a piece of land locally to me and my ride there the other day was a disaster - last year it was a different story on Sherco 290.

The Mont should do well in Spain if conditions are dry and the sections short and technical. More CC's, more weight distributed over the rear, less weight overall. These changes would make the Mont the winning bike Outdoors.

Edited by spud

The Mont should do well in Spain if conditions are dry and the sections short and technical. More CC's, more weight distributed over the rear, less weight overall. These changes would make the Mont the winning bike  Outdoors.

Isn't that just what a works world round bike is!! all of the above

Edited by ishy

I have gone on record on here in past years predicting Raga to win the outdoor title. Unfortunately, I feel that this year I may be right! Sure he blew everyone away indoors this year. Do I think that he is that much better than Dougie and Fuji to beat them by 15-20 points,NO. Lets face the facts here! The Repsol team is going into this years season at a dis-advantage to Raga/GG. Every press release I have read from Doug, he talks of continuing challenges of making the bike better. Not slagging the Mont or 4RT's, just stating the facts as I read them. I really don't see a huge difference in the Outdoors results coming this year, but perhaps not the huge margins of victory we saw indoors! :ph34r:

Cheers, Steve

The Mont should do well in Spain if conditions are dry and the sections short and technical.

Like indoors you mean?

I'm not convinced.

Not convinced that they develop extra grip either. This has been the claim of every bike that was a little bit lacking in power. For clubman riders like ourselves, it might have that effect, because our lack of throttle control is compensated a little by the lack of vicious grunt.

I'm not sure a world class rider would be claiming "I like it. It grips well because the lack of power stops it spinning out".

And if they want weight on the back end, they can lean back. I wouldn't imagine that GasGas are adding counterweights to the rear just to give them more grip.

I'm not against the Honda. It's clearly already a very capable clubman bike, and I'm sure in future years it may dominate indoors and out at world level, but I think at the moment, that owner loyalty means their capabilities are constantly being overstated.

It usually annoys someone when anybody says anything negative about them. Most of it is true, and it will undoubtedly get sorted (maybe even the noise problem eventually), I don't see any problem in discussing it.

I'm with you on that Bikespace..it is a bit bizarre that it almost seems a taboo subject to say anything negative about the 4RT.

and I'm not goona either!!...BUT, because I've only ridden one for about 5 minutes which to me, seems like not enough to make an opinion.

I love my Rev3, but at the same time, dont give a donkeys doo-da if someone else tells me its rubbish and they dont like it!

Sorry for going off topic, but I believe its not me who started going off topic :ph34r::huh:

Never hid my dislike for it!!

It is better than i expected on a first ride but after several more i wouldn't buy one... and after riding around wirth a couple of guys who have had them for 2 months now they have convinced me to stay away. Heavy, pain in the a*** to start and prone to stalling.. just some of the words from the owners mouths about the 4rt. One is selling and getting a Pro.. If it all goes 4 stroke soon then we will have to make a choice but for those of us that don't buy new bikes every year i have perhaps 6 more years to worry about that.... a 300 gasser will be my next purchase. Best of both worlds, low down grunt but with the light weight and faster pickup.

well if thats the case then lets hope Beta manage to finish development on their fuel injected 2 stroke, i've heard rummers it's comeing on well :ph34r:

Well we got a taste of things to come outdoors last weekend , section difficulty on a par with World championship, and results a lot closer than what we have seen indoors.

I think four riders are in with a chance of winning the world championship this year and regardless of machine, could come down to who wants it the most, we could see one of the tightest fought championships for a long time.

Steve, I'll bet thi $50 Raga doesn't claim the outdoors :(

Steve, I'll bet thi $50 Raga doesn't claim the outdoors  ;)

Ha thats an easy made $50 then :(

My bets are on Lampkin and Cabestany

and I think we could see some of the young guns like Fajardo showing there face on podium but I don't think they have it to win the title (yet :D )

I can't wait for it to all kick off :D