Beta Techno 1995

gbmoto

Hi All

Have posted this in stolen bikes too......

Just returning to the fold.

Decided to move away from twinshocks and go for something lighter with discs etc so bought the Techno.

Asked plenty of questions, as I always want my bikes registered, so made sure all numbers were there.

Checked on pick up, but when I checked with John Lampkin the number is not a Beta Number.

So something sus has happened to it in the past.

Here's the number

4ccd3c22.jpg

All the plastic's have been resprayed red, but it was red front end, blue tank cover (all correct) and grey rear guard (probably from a 1996)

It was purchased by the previous owner from West Sussex.

Ring any bells with anyone?

The guy I purchased it from is not replying to my e-mails, but I will get in touch with him someway!

It could be stolen and recovered, but how do I find out???

But means I cannot register it, and as I live in West Sussex I might actually meet it's aggrieved past owner at a trial!!

Looks like the original number has been ground down and new numbers stamped in.I was talking to a guy in a bike shop a few weeks ago and he seemed to think that the police don't record a bike as stolen with dvla unless its road registered. They keep a log of the frame number etc at the station its reported to but there is no national database as they are just considered to be "toys".

Don't know how true that is but he seemed to have plenty of experience with this as his shop dealt mostly in motorcross bikes and they are probably stolen more often due to the numbers involved.

Maybe someone in the know could shed some light on this.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to burst your bubble but those frame numbers have definatly been tampered with. You could go to the police but odds are they wont do anything other than take the bike off you. if i was you i would just ride the thing and act dumb if anyone mentions it to you. The only other option is to sell it on but then I supose you could be seen as selling stolen goods.