Hydraulic Clutch Lever On Sherco

atomant

Have you tried different oils in the gearbox? it's amazing the difference they can make to the feel of the clutch. I used to use ATF in the Gas Gas box and it was fine, tried it in the Sherco and the clutch was very 'bitey' Synthetic 0W40 oil gave a very soft clutch but needed changing very frequently or I'd get slip on hill climbs, PJ1 Clutch tuner seems to suit me best. The oil in the gearbox when I got the bike new seemed very heavy and viscous in comparison to any of the above.

Well i said i would design a new lever and this is a basic 3d prototype view of it. It works by using an offset centre pin creating a cam effect when rotated.

The movement is 4mm of travel but i can make it whatever i want. The force required to operate the clutch is 50% of what it is normally.

This also means it would be easier to control the slip of the clutch as there would be double the distance the lever would have to travel to engage the clutch fully over what it is now.

The pin in the centre is on an econcentric bush allowing for fine adjustment.( and I mean FINE ! )

To see a quick 3D animation of it, look Here

post-2-1112560416.jpg

Edited by Webmonkey

Yes , Im lucky that I own a design engineering company ;)

I noticed kids using 2 fingers on the clutch lever because they couldnt pull it in with 1 finger. So this would help them out for sure :(

Edited by Webmonkey