2 strock oil

bondy

hi ive just got meself a gas gas 250 txt pro 210 model big diffrence to the bultaco i have. anyway can anybody tell me the best 2 strok oil to use? i know its 75mm/5 litters do i use part synthetic or fully synthetic? ive got some of that strawbery 2 strok oil thats part synthetic i used it in my bultaco once but it left a sticky layer on my carb slide. also what engin oil is the best for these bikes. and is it all one oil the bultaco as gear oil .and clutch oil cheers bondy

hi ive just got meself a gas gas 250 txt pro 210 model big diffrence to the bultaco i have. anyway can anybody tell me the best 2 strok oil to use? i know its 75mm/5 litters do i use part synthetic or fully synthetic? ive got some of that strawbery 2 strok oil thats part synthetic i used it in my bultaco once but it left a sticky layer on my carb slide. also what engin oil is the best for these bikes. and is it all one oil the bultaco as gear oil .and clutch oil cheers bondy

motor oil ?

just picked up the same model bike as you.

so far ive tried Shell Rotella 15w40. currently in my bike is a 75w transmission oil (its a red color) .

my clutch still drags (put in first gear , pull in the clutch and the bike wants to move foreword ).

what motor oil should i use to keep the clutch from dragging ?

A full-synthetic (not a a "semi-synthetic" or "blend") seems to work best, like Castrol TTS. The low RPM, on-off throttle places a preminum on a clean burning premix oil.

Use a light oil in the transmission, say a 5 or 7.5 weight (74W trans oil is roughly equivilent to a 10 weight motor oil. It's common to use Dexron ATF in the GG's up to 2006, where the Type-F ATF works well in the 06' on up. The ATFs are about equal to a 7.5 weight motor oil. Change it often. If you bike has more than a little drag, it's probably not the oil but a mechanical adjustment problem.

Jon