Bantam crank weight. D14/ B175

andy m

A common mod on the Bantam is to fit a crank weight usually brass, I am going to build a B175 engine which apparently has a heavier crank, does anyone know if, a. the weight is needed / used and b. who makes the weights. Thanks. :icon_salut:

I see from another post you are going to the BMCA trial on Sun, suggest a word with Jim Pickering, he is one of the organisers, I believe he uses these on his Drayton Bantams, if not he will advise you, very helpful guy, I dont know if my Bantam has one as it was complete when I bought it, you are welcome to try it if we meet at a BMCA trial, will not make it on Sun as we (Stourbridge T.C.) have a trial Sat and will not have time, but hope to do the next two or three trials.

I see from another post you are going to the BMCA trial on Sun, suggest a word with Jim Pickering, he is one of the organisers, I believe he uses these on his Drayton Bantams, if not he will advise you, very helpful guy, I dont know if my Bantam has one as it was complete when I bought it, you are welcome to try it if we meet at a BMCA trial, will not make it on Sun as we (Stourbridge T.C.) have a trial Sat and will not have time, but hope to do the next two or three trials.

Dave, be worth coming down sunday, the venues a cracker :banana2: