Senna

thespikeyone

Big soppy tart that I am, I can't bring myself to watch the Senna DVD :wub: ..I thought Senna was the perfect F1 racer (perfect as in 'has flaws' perfec) I got upset when he died, I've had no real interest in F1 since Senna's crash.

I'll get round to watching it one day, please tell me that the DVD incudes Jon Watson making his retirement decision, Senna's charity work,Prost's backstage political scheming and the Euro GP @Donnington '93 AKA 'Senna-in-a-can'?:thumbup:

Right..I'm off for a blub now. :crying:

I watched it on Saturday, it was brilliant, Senna was a true racer, devoted to his country and helping his people. It hadn't occurred to me just how short a career he had in F1, always thought he'd been there for years and years, well worth watching, I rented it online for 3 quid.

Big soppy tart that I am, I can't bring myself to watch the Senna DVD :wub: ..I thought Senna was the perfect F1 racer (perfect as in 'has flaws' perfec) I got upset when he died, I've had no real interest in F1 since Senna's crash.

I'll get round to watching it one day, please tell me that the DVD incudes Jon Watson making his retirement decision, Senna's charity work,Prost's backstage political scheming and the Euro GP @Donnington '93 AKA 'Senna-in-a-can'?:thumbup:

Right..I'm off for a blub now. :crying:

Ham, Donnington was completely missed. It shocked me too. Surely the race more than any other that showed how special Senna really was. I can only guess it was missed due to some copywrite or something.

Ham, Donnington was completely missed. It shocked me too. Surely the race more than any other that showed how special Senna really was. I can only guess it was missed due to some copywrite or something.

I can only find this on YouTube but it will do, even though Murray and James are strangely 'sans' emotion during the 1st lap commentary.

It's difficult to explain the enormity of the outcome without a little 'scene setting' to give it all some context.

Everyone involved with F1 knew that Senna's McLaren was seriously under-performing in'93 especially compared to the Williams of Prost.

Rumour was, that Senna initiated a race-by-race clause in his contract in order to spur McLaren on to improving the car and also to allow him an easier move to another team if the opportunity presented itself.

Prost also had a clause in his contract stating that he was to be no.1 Williams driver and his team-mate could be anyone else but..Ayrton Senna!

At Donny '93 the Williams were about 2(?)secs a lap faster in qualifying on the very small circuit so it looked very ominous for every other team.

After the race; the cherry-on-top-of-the-icing, on-top-of-the-cake for Senna was at the post race conference where Prost spoke first,bleating about the limitations of his Williams on the track. Then Senna was asked about his perception of the day and he simply asked Prost if (with perfect manners)perhaps he would like to swap cars !!This really shut Prost up and raised a chuckle from the media boys.

The Professor (Prost) had a reputation for controlling and manipulating all aspects of F1 but sometimes that was at the expense of the one thing that he should have been controlling and manipulating..the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I can only find this on YouTube but it will do, even though Murray and James are strangely 'sans' emotion during the 1st lap commentary.

It's difficult to explain the enormity of the outcome without a little 'scene setting' to give it all some context.

Everyone involved with F1 knew that Senna's McLaren was seriously under-performing in'93 especially compared to the Williams of Prost.

Rumour was, that Senna initiated a race-by-race clause in his contract in order to spur McLaren on to improving the car and also to allow him an easier move to another team if the opportunity presented itself.

Prost also had a clause in his contract stating that he was to be no.1 Williams driver and his team-mate could be anyone else but..Ayrton Senna!

At Donny '93 the Williams were about 2(?)secs a lap faster in qualifying on the very small circuit so it looked very ominous for every other team.

After the race; the cherry-on-top-of-the-icing, on-top-of-the-cake for Senna was at the post race conference where Prost spoke first,bleating about the limitations of his Williams on the track. Then Senna was asked about his perception of the day and he simply asked Prost if (with perfect manners)perhaps he would like to swap cars !!This really shut Prost up and raised a chuckle from the media boys.

The Professor (Prost) had a reputation for controlling and manipulating all aspects of F1 but sometimes that was at the expense of the one thing that he should have been controlling and manipulating..the car.

I had good memory of this race,maybe the race of the century.Rember when i saw the race on the tv i was in the USA/st.petersburg at that time.It was so exciting.Shame that he was killed in that accident so early in his life.Would be good years see Senna battelind with Schumacher.

Cheers:Mike