Newer parts on old models

ptbacf

Hello!!

Im new to the forum, so this is my first post.

Im just wondering if there a list or if anyone knows what parts from newer models fit on to the earlier models.e.g wheels, plastics,etc.

plus things to lighten up the bike. Cant afford a new modern bike.

I have a 2000 txt280.

Cheers Mike

Not much is interchangable between the older TxT and the Pro models, there have been many changes.

Regards plastics I think only the number board, front mudguard and disc guard,

Wheels possibly though things like the bearings, spindles, sprockets, discs and calipers are different.

Biggest weight saving could be a rear tyre 'Michelin X'lite' 0.5kg lighter.

Sometimes a like for like donor bike is best way and build one bike with the best parts and get shut of the other! :thumbup:

Thank you very much for the help. very much appreciated!

Never thought about just building a bike up!! Hmmmm...

Not done a trial yet, but im looking to see when the next beginner friendly Man17 is.

So if you see a Mazada MX5 with a bike on the bk. thats me!!

Mike

The next D/Easy is 5th Feb,

if you want some advice/practice before then, come and meet us Tuesdays after 9pm in the Rising Sun That's just up the road from you. I shall be playing next weekend.

Rick.

Edited by RichT

Is that every tuesday?

Not sure if i can make it this tuesday, but probably next week.

Where abouts do you go to play. if im free this weekend is there a possibility of me joining you and seeing how its done?

At the moment i practice at a friends farm in higher poynton which has a grassed area and a little vally into a stream.

So something different would be good.

Mike

Don't tell me you've put your bike on the luggage rack ? :marky: genius..that would help with traction coming off the roundabouts :P

Now that would be funny to see!lol no just got a tow bar and a rack across the back. Lowers the car even more tho..think some new suspension is on the cards.

Is that every tuesday?

Not sure if i can make it this tuesday, but probably next week.

Where abouts do you go to play. if im free this weekend is there a possibility of me joining you and seeing how its done?

At the moment i practice at a friends farm in higher poynton which has a grassed area and a little vally into a stream.

So something different would be good.

Mike

Yes we meet every Tuesday for a beer.

It's not secret where we go, I just dont openly advertise it. I will try and send you a PM later :thumbup: