Bleeding Rear Brakes

comerconstructionman

I have just changed the pads on my Sherco and have had the same problem. The front set was fine and dandy and all went well but the rear was a bloody pain in the harris. I had trouble getting the new pads in and then puching the piston back, eventually done it and got the new pads in but there is no pressure on the foot pedal at all now. I did notice a bit of brake fluid that had come out, must have come from the nipple when I removed the caliper from the swing arm. As the resorvar is in a really awkward place Ill have to try and back bleed it. On reading the posts here on rear brakes it may be better to get someone else to do it. I have bled the brakes on my KTM with no problems but not sure about the Sherco...

Any suggestions?

I can now answer my own question. On reading a post on the Gas Gas section by Spark using a syringe to bleed the rear brakes it has worked a treat... Thanks for your post. I have used the same method on my KTM 350 and its hardened the foot brake up a treat too...

"Bleeding Brakes" .... you can say that again :rotfl:

Good luck with that. :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

Ha, kinda thought that myself when I seen his post!

I think it one of those, whatjacallit MASOCHISTICAL things, like "I think I will go change my brake fluid!"

Not! That crap can sit there till something rots! :thumbup: There is no reason for it unless otherwise contaminated.

when I seen his post!

Hey Cope, don''t you mean you "saw his post"?

Then again you could "saw his post in half" too! :rotfl:

Just ignore me ... I'm in one of those moods again :blush: ..... Sign of a weak mind some say :madnoel:

Best of balance.

Neo

Hey Cope, don''t you mean you "saw his post"?

Then again you could "saw his post in half" too! :rotfl:

Just ignore me ... I'm in one of those moods again :blush: ..... Sign of a weak mind some say :madnoel:

Best of balance.

Neo

You seen what I meen Neo!! Now YOU are one to talk, I would almost bet a dollar to a donut that you have changed your effn brake fluid just to see if you could do it without screwing up!

I would almost bet a dollar to a donut that you have changed your effn brake fluid just to see if you could do it without screwing up!

Nice project :bouncy: .... But alas no not done that. In fact since moving house recently I've spent more time on the Ride-On mower and the chain saw than I have with my bike :crying:

Well at least there's no brakes to bleed :lol:

BTW I like your phrase "dollar to a donut" :lol: ... I must remember that one.

Best of balance.

Neo

Nice project :bouncy: .... But alas no not done that. In fact since moving house recently I've spent more time on the Ride-On mower and the chain saw than I have with my bike :crying:

Well at least there's no brakes to bleed :lol:

BTW I like your phrase "dollar to a donut" :lol: ... I must remember that one.

Best of balance.

Neo

Is it dohnut? or Doughnut? Or Doghnut? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

just remove muffler and the master cylinder is easy to access...then bleed them the ordinary way, aslong as the isn't a heap of air in there and you're using the correct type of fluid there should be no problems with bleeding them... :biggrinsanta: