oil leak

bondy

hi all a wile back i posted a thread asking addvice on a oil leak due to work.and other thing ive not had chance but today i had some time so off to the shed i whent id allready put a new clutch basket seal in witch only seemed to be in halfe way so i replaced it with a new one.and put it in proper for got to menton the ATF oil was geting in the gear box i only noticed this when i drained the gear oil off. and it was a redish colour so i investergated ive allso replaced the front sproket seals.and distant spacer.and final end seal ive unblocket the clutch vent with a pice of wire.and still to my disapointment its still got a slight leak from what looks like the final end drive it dosant seem like its coming out as much im at a loose end ive done evrrything i can think can anybody help? im hoping its not inside because i dont fancey spliting the motor thanks bondy

??? as you did replace the oil seal on the clutch side as I understood. So this axis of different shafts should be OK

If you haven't made a mistake replacing the oil seal of the clutch shaft there should not get out any oil at #01.

How thight is the shaft of the gear lever, #02? this shaft goes through the gear-box and the clutch?

Last not least how thight is the shaft of the gear actuator or the cover #03?

DSC08004-2.jpg

??? as you did replace the oil seal on the clutch side as I understood. So this axis of different shafts should be OK

If you haven't made a mistake replacing the oil seal of the clutch shaft there should not get out any oil at #01.

How thight is the shaft of the gear lever, #02? this shaft goes through the gear-box and the clutch?

Last not least how thight is the shaft of the gear actuator or the cover #03?

DSC08004-2.jpg

hi just to clear somthing the distance spacer behind the clutch basket dose it slid in with the color facing out? or in like the front sproket side? allso the gear shaft is a tight fit with new o ring the bike runs well kicks up first or second time all gears ok. and clutch good just this one litel leak i cant find what it is

hi just to clear somthing the distance spacer behind the clutch basket dose it slid in with the color facing out? or in like the front sproket side? allso the gear shaft is a tight fit with new o ring the bike runs well kicks up first or second time all gears ok. and clutch good just this one litel leak i cant find what it is

Mmmh ... (color facing up or in, there is no color = Farbe in German applicated?) for a better explanation here a pic

how to mount the washer you might mentioned:

Kupplung%252520Schaltwelle%252520Motorgeh%2525C3%2525A4use.jpg

If O-Ring of the gear shaft is OK and you have placed a new seal to the jack- mechanism cover then it should be all OK.

Mmmh ... (color facing up or in, there is no color = Farbe in German applicated?) for a better explanation here a pic

how to mount the washer you might mentioned:

Kupplung%252520Schaltwelle%252520Motorgeh%2525C3%2525A4use.jpg

If O-Ring of the gear shaft is OK and you have placed a new seal to the jack- mechanism cover then it should be all OK.

yes thats the way ive put the disant spacer in same as the photo you sent me. and evrrything else is ok. just leaves the question as way im still geting oil coming out the final end drive of the sprocket ive changed evrry seal i can get at with out spliting the crank case and i dont want to do that if possibel.my other bultaco dosant do this its totaly dry round that area

yes thats the way ive put the disant spacer in same as the photo you sent me. and evrrything else is ok. just leaves the question as way im still geting oil coming out the final end drive of the sprocket ive changed evrry seal i can get at with out spliting the crank case and i dont want to do that if possibel.my other bultaco dosant do this its totaly dry round that area

sorry just to say i didnt put a new seal on the jack do you think this could be the problem as ive done evrrything else i can think off

sorry just to say i didnt put a new seal on the jack do you think this could be the problem as ive done evrrything else i can think off

May be you haven't posted any photos yet his would help a lot especially me as I sometimes have some difficulties understanding commen British speech.

There are three possibilities where oil from the cluth can get mixed up with the oil from gearbox:

clutch%252520engine%252520case%252520Numbers.jpg

As I understand you haven't mounted a seal or the old seal to the jack cover. This can be a problem because the primary chain will threw a lot of oil around expecially when changing direction on a sprocket.

I would just to be sure you have done it and mount a new one, a standard engine seal set covers all seals and O-rings for the engine.

Probably the shaft of the jack- mechanism might be weard out too, then oil can also go easier through this place. This is very uncommen in my experience so far. You have more problems with the small jack that can break the "guidances" then with wear at the shaft as shown here:

Gangselektor%252520Bultaco%25252002.jpg

left jack- mechanism for a 199a OK, right jack mechanism 199b, broken, (there they are these little differences between the models).

This would still not explain the oil leaking on the secondary front sprocket. I believe You have still a problem there. The coloring of the garbox oil you have detected came probably from the unthight oil seal you have fixed now.

If there is only little loss and you don't observe an increase I would live with this issue. To determine how much oil you have to refill the easy way using a small rod with marks in mm will not work proper as the thread hole of the vent is direcly placed above the primary chain.

You will have to go through the circuitous method:

- fill up the right amount of cluth oil,

- then place the bike on a bike stand where the bike stands horizontal

- and drain the oil again.

- Messure up how many oil comes out, might be a little less now as the bike stands perfect horizontal.

- Refill the drained oil again.

Now go riding around for one hour.

When you returned:

- place the bike on the bike stand at the same place in the garage where you did the oil draining and refilling procedure befor. - Now wait until the engine has cooled down if not,

- and then drain the oil again and

- messure up how many comes out now.

The difference is what you loose per hour riding. Would be interesting to know how much.

May be you haven't posted any photos yet his would help a lot especially me as I sometimes have some difficulties understanding commen British speech.

There are three possibilities where oil from the cluth can get mixed up with the oil from gearbox:

clutch%252520engine%252520case%252520Numbers.jpg

As I understand you haven't mounted a seal or the old seal to the jack cover. This can be a problem because the primary chain will threw a lot of oil around expecially when changing direction on a sprocket.

I would just to be sure you have done it and mount a new one, a standard engine seal set covers all seals and O-rings for the engine.

Probably the shaft of the jack- mechanism might be weard out too, then oil can also go easier through this place. This is very uncommen in my experience so far. You have more problems with the small jack that can break the "guidances" then with wear at the shaft as shown here:

Gangselektor%252520Bultaco%25252002.jpg

left jack- mechanism for a 199a OK, right jack mechanism 199b, broken, (there they are these little differences between the models).

This would still not explain the oil leaking on the secondary front sprocket. I believe You have still a problem there. The coloring of the garbox oil you have detected came probably from the unthight oil seal you have fixed now.

If there is only little loss and you don't observe an increase I would live with this issue. To determine how much oil you have to refill the easy way using a small rod with marks in mm will not work proper as the thread hole of the vent is direcly placed above the primary chain.

You will have to go through the circuitous method:

- fill up the right amount of cluth oil,

- then place the bike on a bike stand where the bike stands horizontal

- and drain the oil again.

- Messure up how many oil comes out, might be a little less now as the bike stands perfect horizontal.

- Refill the drained oil again.

Now go riding around for one hour.

When you returned:

- place the bike on the bike stand at the same place in the garage where you did the oil draining and refilling procedure befor. - Now wait until the engine has cooled down if not,

- and then drain the oil again and

- messure up how many comes out now.

The difference is what you loose per hour riding. Would be interesting to know how much.

ok ill try this thanks for your help i cant post photos on hear if you pm me i can send you photos to your email cheers bondy :thumbup: