Montesa 330 Piston

hughesy

Hi, Can anybody tell me whether the Montesa 349 piston fits the 330? They both share the same bore size (83.40mm) but the part no's I have found are one digit apart( As is the liner). I recall from posts on TC that HondaRS had to mess about machining slipper ports and piston ring grooves to get a piston to fit.

The only aftermarket piston source I've found is here:

http://www.kevinbreedonracing.co.uk/products_pistons.asp

Any info greatly appreciated.

Edited by Hughesy

• 1 month later...

Hi, Can anybody tell me whether the Montesa 349 piston fits the 330? They both share the same bore size (83.40mm) but the part no's I have found are one digit apart( As is the liner). I recall from posts on TC that HondaRS had to mess about machining slipper ports and piston ring grooves to get a piston to fit.

The only aftermarket piston source I've found is here:

http://www.kevinbreedonracing.co.uk/products_pistons.asp

Any info greatly appreciated.

The Breedon piston when fitted in a mh349 needs the ports putting in the skirt and the ring gap pins are in the wrong place. As for the 330 I have no idea but if the bore pin and compression height are correct then it's an option. Try Millers or in motion as they both have pistons from time to time for the 349 and may be able to help with the 330.

The Breedon piston when fitted in a mh349 needs the ports putting in the skirt and the ring gap pins are in the wrong place. As for the 330 I have no idea but if the bore pin and compression height are correct then it's an option. Try Millers or in motion as they both have pistons from time to time for the 349 and may be able to help with the 330.

Cheers for your reply, I have measured the bore and piston/bore clearmance and decided to put a set of rings,pin and small end in, supplied by the helpful Kevin Breedon. He offered to do all work to modify a new piston FOC but didn't have a 2nd oversize available.

Looking forward to start the rebuild soon, will post pics as I go.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for your reply, I have measured the bore and piston/bore clearmance and decided to put a set of rings,pin and small end in, supplied by the helpful Kevin Breedon. He offered to do all work to modify a new piston FOC but didn't have a 2nd oversize available.

Looking forward to start the rebuild soon, will post pics as I go.

Sorry just seen this topic. Very hard to find the 330 piston, have a search as we had a good discussion about it a few years ago on here..........

P.s Hughesy, i am just down the road from you near loch lomond if you need to have a swatch at a pretty decent/original 330................

Sandy.