250 pro loosing spark help please

youthy

Hi all been having a problem with my 03 250 pro loosing it's spark, I started a while ago now where it might cut out half way round a trial it would loose spark for a few mins and then go again it's got to the stage now where it will run for about 10 mins then loose spark for about 10mins before going again and so on. I have changed plug kill switch, checked all wiring and connectors etc even moved it all around while bikes running but have no joy finding problem. It only ever cuts out on low revs and feels although I've stalled it. Does anyone know of if it could be stator, ignition coil or cdi and how to check these accurately. Thanks Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

If your bike has Kokusan ignition, then it is likely to be an earthing problem, perhaps the voltage regulator under the headstock, if it is a Ducati ign system, then it is likely to be the aluminium electronic box under the tank. Substitute this for another to confirm. If not this, then it will be the stator.

Bye, PeterB.