2010 txt pro front forks

samnhide

hi all,

i have 2010 gasser 250 and both the front forks have a very shallow scratch on them. on one side this causes the oil to weep out very slightly, luckily the scratches are quite high up and its not a massive issue but its annoying and i want to get them sorted. a local engineer that i use at work has told me he can fill the scratches and polish them smooth, i will also change the fork seals because im sure they will have been damaged but im not sure what gas gas have used to black the forks. is it powdercoat?, annodised? if anyone knows please let me know.

simon

hi all,

i have 2010 gasser 250 and both the front forks have a very shallow scratch on them. on one side this causes the oil to weep out very slightly, luckily the scratches are quite high up and its not a massive issue but its annoying and i want to get them sorted. a local engineer that i use at work has told me he can fill the scratches and polish them smooth, i will also change the fork seals because im sure they will have been damaged but im not sure what gas gas have used to black the forks. is it powdercoat?, annodised? if anyone knows please let me know.

simon

I don't think it is powder coated or anodized; I think it is a more specialized low friction coating. We normally file or hone the high spots down and fill the small scratch with Superglu; work like a charm. You can file or use a fine stone on the glu to smooth it out.