To premix or not

fergie

Ok, so I took the bike out for the first time. I ended up premixing the oil/fuel 40:1 also had the autolube going just to be on the safe side. Suprisingly the bike ran great. Lots of power, idled perfect,with just a light amount of smoke from the tailpipe. I might just keep everything the way it is. i would have thought with the extra lube it would have smoked like crazy and fouled plugs. Not so much.

Ok, so I took the bike out for the first time. I ended up premixing the oil/fuel 40:1 also had the autolube going just to be on the safe side. Suprisingly the bike ran great. Lots of power, idled perfect,with just a light amount of smoke from the tailpipe. I might just keep everything the way it is. i would have thought with the extra lube it would have smoked like crazy and fouled plugs. Not so much.

Possibly means the autolubs not working anyway. Close call ??

Possibly means the autolubs not working anyway. Close call ??

yeah close call for sure. I was just going to put staight fuel in the tank and thought it would be a good idea to check the pump. Turned out it was a great idea!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, now I really need some help. I went ahead and pulled the autolube pump. When I pulled the clutch side cover off to disconnect the shaft. Two shims fell on the garage floor. They are quite large, maybe 29mm outside diameter and 25mm inside(they look like a big washers). As far as I can tell, the only place they could possibly

go would be on the kickstart shaft. my shop manual says "note the location of the kickaxle shim". However, in the diagram it does not list or show a kickaxle shim. Also, why would I have two of them? Any Ideas?

Edited by fergie