GEAR OIL VERSUS ATF

leggins

I have recently changed the oil in my evo gearbox. I have used putoline oil. the previous owner used automatic transmission fluid. the problem i have is when the engine is running i am having real trouble finding gears and most of all neutral. When the engine is turned off i can find all gears. any ideas, thanks.

I'm sorry to say but thats the norm.

Try the clutch mod in the forum pages, take time and feel the benefit of a lighter clutch.

Also try removing a couple of springs, this makes the clutch feel light and fully engauges when hot or cold.

I used Putoline GP10 without any problems.

Wash the clutch plates in warm water and dry off before changing oil types though, plenty of posts on TC giving excellent advice.

I'm sorry to say but thats the norm.

Try the clutch mod in the forum pages, take time and feel the benefit of a lighter clutch.

Also try removing a couple of springs, this makes the clutch feel light and fully engauges when hot or cold.

I used Putoline GP10 without any problems.

Wash the clutch plates in warm water and dry off before changing oil types though, plenty of posts on TC giving excellent advice.

Ok mate I will give that a try, Thanks

Edited by leggins

I use the Putoline GBox oil. It's nice stuff.

I also have used ATF. Both work fine. You can try adding a little more or dropping the level a tad to see if things inprove?

Get the official oil amount and add or take away 100ml and see if there is any difference?

Is your lever bled and has a bit of free play etc?

You might just need an oil change anyway? The new oil type may need a re flush of oil again to remove any old contaminants.

I went from ATF to GP10 in my Rev3 and the same happened - it dragged and was hard to change gear. I have since changed twice since then (all for GP10) and the clutch is super sweet now and all gears and neutral are selectable.

I change my GBox oil every 10-20 hrs tops. I do a lot of low speed clutch use so feel it is worth doing.

Edited by pindie