4rt Clutch - 315 Master Cylinder

woody

I know this has been touched on in another post but it didn't really say what the problem was or what it is that the 315 master cylinder improves.

I've just bought a 4RT and the only 'problem' with the clutch is that the action is very sudden. It comes in with a bit of a bang - on/off. Not very soft or progressive. Could be because it's new and may wear in, don't know. The lever action, biting point and weight of lever action are all fine.

Anyone else think the clutch bite is a bit sudden/sharp and is this what the 315 cylinder mod eases?

Anyone any opinions/experience?

Or maybe it's because I've got to learn how to use a clutch again... :(

The stock master cylinder works fine for me, the action and feel are quick, but no more than my 315. The only thing I changed was to grind 2.5mm off of the plunger that goes into the bellows on the M.Cylinder, and round and smooth the end. It gave me full adjustment of the lever. (I like the lever close to the bars)

I have found that the 315 clutch lever reservoir on my 4RT drastically improves the progressiveness and ease of lever pull. You do not get the feeling of on/off with it. Have taken apart both reservoirs and cannot detect any design differences other than a difference in the amount of fluid each hold. Doesn't matter anyway as I am totally impressed with the difference. It is a must do for the 4RT. :(

Thanks Barcota.

I'll let it bed in a bit more before I do anything seeing as its only got one trial on the clock so far, see if that softens it off a bit. If not I'll try the same as you and hope for the same results.