AJP master cylinders on EVO?

bigman

Hi Guys

Both my clutch and front brake master cylinders seem to be leaking, I have changed the seals on the piston yet it continues, After a details look it seems that the inside of the master cylinder seems to be scored, hence the leaking and continuing to leak with new seals etc!, it has done this since I got the bike so I assume that something got in the levers with the previous owner to score them!

Any hoo, I was looking into getting a pair of new master cylinders from Lampkins, but at the best part of £80 each it seems abit expensive, however I am sure I have heard about people fitting AJP master cylinders to Betas, how true is this and does it have any implications? Also is there any difference performance wise between the small and large AJP levers or is it just the reseviour size? Main reason is that I have seen that the AJP full levers are around £25 cheaper than the Grimeca ones!!

Also, If I were to get an AJP master cylinder with the outlet in the same position as the grimeca ones (pointing inwards towards the forks) would the standard beta clutch and brake hoses fit straight in?

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Bigman

Thats good to hear, thanks, If I am able to save £50ish by using AJP master cylinders instead of Grimeca I will be happy!!

Do you have any other info on whether the small or large AJP master cylinders would be better?

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Bigman

I thought AJP had shut it's doors.

Yeh, they have, but a shops seem to still have stock of master cylinders etc.

Does anybody know any other differences between these two master cylinders other than the size of the reseviour:

ajp015.jpg

and

ajp036.jpg

Thanks

Adam