fork oil change on 315r

pazz

Just take off the caps, the left one (as you sit on the bike) may be under a little pressure as it is the one with the spring under it, but it is not much. Then undo the drain plugs at the bottom of the forks and drain out all the oil. A more thorough way to get all the oil out is to remove the forks themselves and turn upside down and drain the oil straight out of the top of the fork, but that involves removal of mudguard and wheel etc. Refill with some good 5wt fork oil, I use Maxima over here, 300cc per side I think, and reassemble in reverse. I have a .PDF document about Paoli forks and how to change seals etc, PM me your e-mail if you want it.

this is what canada 315 told me to do

i have been told since to use 10w but the 5 w in mine is fine

Just take off the caps, the left one (as you sit on the bike) may be under a little pressure as it is the one with the spring under it, but it is not much. Then undo the drain plugs at the bottom of the forks and drain out all the oil. A more thorough way to get all the oil out is to remove the forks themselves and turn upside down and drain the oil straight out of the top of the fork, but that involves removal of mudguard and wheel etc. Refill with some good 5wt fork oil, I use Maxima over here, 300cc per side I think, and reassemble in reverse. I have a .PDF document about Paoli forks and how to change seals etc, PM me your e-mail if you want it.

this is what canada 315 told me to do

i have been told since to use 10w but the 5 w in mine is fine

Pretty sure oil volume is 360 cc per leg for the 1998 315. This is from memory though so double check.

it is easy even i did it dont forget the left one is under tension only jumps up an inch or 2 but if you dont expect it it will take you by surprise and also dont forget to loosen the fork tube pinch bolts at the top of the yolk

neil