Oset 20

xr_ated

I was having this conversation with fellow trialers last weekend. They recommended I do not wait for the Oset 20 and buy him 'a real bike' so he can 'learn to use the clutch' properly early on. I think it is just round the corner for kids to never use a clutch again.

That said, my boy rides a KTM 65SX with clutch and 6 gears as his other bike. Little MX/Enduro bikes still have a way to go but I really hope it happens sooner rather than later so we can get some tracks and riding areas back!

I have my 3.5 yr boy on a 12.5. Best thing ever. I bought him a Yamaha PW50 a few months ago, but he as still to small. And the untouchable added benefit of riding when ever and wherever, the Oset is the clear choice.

My boy has been riding on a custom track I built for him in my backyard, small backyard, maybe about 25x50 ft. The quick response of the electric bikes gets it going fast and quick around the tight stuff. With just a couple months of backyard practicing, maybe 20min a day prob average every other day, I felt he was ready for the real motocross track. Well to make the long story short, he graduated to the big track at just 3yrs 8months, and can do lap after lap, in some cases beating and keeping up to the bigger kids on 50's 5-7 years of age.

The key here, SEAT TIME. Our focus is motocross. My next delima is what bike to get him on next to compete in the motocross world. His skills I feel are good enough to get him on a KTM50 by the time he is about 4-4.5yrs. Actually, its a height problem. These Osets have really opened up major possibilities.

After watching these videos I saw last night.... it hit me like a train.

race car

street bike

F1

Dragster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ukLgsGEzs&feature=related

street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=369h-SEBXd8

Build your own electric motocycle

Im just going to find a used maybe blown up KTM50, and make it electric. Have him practice the wheels off of it just like his oset,and have another gas one for the races incase they protest it. We can worry about the clutch much later, most of the kids up to about 7ish I think are still riding fully auto KTM's anyways.

Sorry for the off subject, but your post frogger made sparked me again on converting a gas motorcycle to electric.

Converting a gas bike to electric is very easy to do and so much cheaper than buying a off the shelf e-bike ( I know I have done a few ) having said that oset at the moment have the edge for good value and reasonable tech. for a entry level adult e-motorcycle ( or very powerfull kids e-motorcycle ) conversion you are looking at around £500 ( for the electric stuff and basic battery ) + a doner bike ( if you do it yourself ). I just wish manufactures will stop messing about with old out dated tech or at least charge a fair price for a high tech product. There is no need to have a clutch on a e-bike despite what people think but a nice addition is to have something so you can fine tune the power delivery and I spose you could call in a clutch if you want.