Beta fan Again

gbmoto

Hi All

Just finished tidying up a Techno for a return to trials, first watercooled mono with disc's I have owned!

(well second after there was a potential issue with the first Techno I bought)

521fceb6.jpg

Anyway, pleased with how it has come out, most consumables changed.

But the fan doesn't work, I have a wiring diagram from Lampkins and it looks all OK.

(I stripped the bike down to bare frame and the wiring had already been messed with.)

I have tested the fan on a 12v battery and it is fine.

With the engine running I shorted the thermostat wires and the fan made a small jerk, but no spinning.

Pretty sure the rectifier wiring is OK but not sure about the regulator, currently I have a feed from stator to the AC and a feed to the thermostat/fan from the DC.

Any ideas? Or does this indicate a failed electrical component?.

Hi All

Just finished tidying up a Techno for a return to trials, first watercooled mono with disc's I have owned!

(well second after there was a potential issue with the first Techno I bought)

521fceb6.jpg

Anyway, pleased with how it has come out, most consumables changed.

But the fan doesn't work, I have a wiring diagram from Lampkins and it looks all OK.

(I stripped the bike down to bare frame and the wiring had already been messed with.)

I have tested the fan on a 12v battery and it is fine.

With the engine running I shorted the thermostat wires and the fan made a small jerk, but no spinning.

Pretty sure the rectifier wiring is OK but not sure about the regulator, currently I have a feed from stator to the AC and a feed to the thermostat/fan from the DC.

Any ideas? Or does this indicate a failed electrical component?.

the regulator / rectifier box tend to break down ,did you also check the earth to the motor

All done, used this layout and started from scratch.

da62a0b6.jpg

I think it may have come from here actually.

Fan works when the thermostat wires are shorted and when up to temperature, happy bunny.

Very different to the Beta layout, but I can follow the logic of this one.

BTW Lampkins have been really helpful with my various questions, not sure how many importers would be with an old bike.

Also Haven Trialsport and Steve Goode have been very helpful with the rebuild.