K-Roo Clutch?

creation

Almost have my kroo ready for action :thumbup: but I have no idea how to bleed this clutch. Looks like the slave cylinder is part of the engine? How much oil do I put into that and also is there a easier way to get the air out of the lines? I was pumping the lever all night and letting it sit, but still there was air the next day!

Almost have my kroo ready for action :thumbup: but I have no idea how to bleed this clutch. Looks like the slave cylinder is part of the engine? How much oil do I put into that and also is there a easier way to get the air out of the lines? I was pumping the lever all night and letting it sit, but still there was air the next day!

The clutch was the difficult point on the k-roo. It will be difficult to impossible to bleed. The clutch should use brake fluid not oil unless somebody has changed the seals throughout. The problem was the slave piston which is naff. It can be stripped by taking of the side cover and removing the cylinder complete. Back in the day the works boys went back to the cable which means new engine cases, cos even the factory never got it to work!!!!

Take off the take up cylinder and have a look. Speak to bill pye and he will ad his advice, if any. Take and post some piccies and post here and i will ask my mate "fritz pye" hahahaha. He was the german importer at the time and had 20 slave pistons made which did help.

The k-koo led to fantics second bankrupcy filing......(1985 when the 300 was launched......with two shocks, 1991 k-roo time. The 3rd filing was 1997 and that was permanent..........)

L

• 2 weeks later...

The clutch was the difficult point on the k-roo. It will be difficult to impossible to bleed. The clutch should use brake fluid not oil unless somebody has changed the seals throughout. The problem was the slave piston which is naff. It can be stripped by taking of the side cover and removing the cylinder complete. Back in the day the works boys went back to the cable which means new engine cases, cos even the factory never got it to work!!!!

Take off the take up cylinder and have a look. Speak to bill pye and he will ad his advice, if any. Take and post some piccies and post here and i will ask my mate "fritz pye" hahahaha. He was the german importer at the time and had 20 slave pistons made which did help.

The k-koo led to fantics second bankrupcy filing......(1985 when the 300 was launched......with two shocks, 1991 k-roo time. The 3rd filing was 1997 and that was permanent..........)

L

I was able to bleed it by tipping the bike forward and filling the slave, then using a syringe and a rubber hose I back bled the clutch till filing the master, then put it all together... Worked perfect, clutch works good now :D

Bike has a load of power!